Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Androiduser1

Suspended
Original poster
May 13, 2023
I know none of you really need to know this, but with the apple pricing on the new side, and the second hand market, I decided to purchase an 11 pro max 64GB with a new battery in 9/10 condition for just £320!

It was a hard decision because the phone is just till last me until January, but the pricing of all the other iPhone was tough!

Here are the used prices!

1. Iphone 11 pro max @ £320 vs an iphone 12 @ £350
  2. Iphone 12 Pro at £450 against an Iphone 12 for the sake of £100 difference
  3. Iphone 13 for £500 instead of a 12 pro max at £550!
I am waiting to see what the 15 pro and pro max bring to the table, I also will not order straight away would be around December, But I have to say the 11 pro max in 2023 feels fast enough, looks good! Great on a budget and is perfect for the short term over my Samsung A34 5G!

If you are thinking of a temp phone, The 11 pro max will hold its value come resale as well! Don't be afraid to do it!

I went for the look of the 11 pro max and the screen size and extra camera over the 5G Iphone 12!

1BadManVan

macrumors 68040
Dec 20, 2009
Bc Canada
Makes perfect sense especially if it’s only until January. The A13 chip is still very fast and capable. My son has an iPhone 11 and uses it heavily and never a complaint on its performance.

Aoligei

macrumors 6502a
Jul 16, 2020
I always feel used iPhones are not good value, iPhone 11 Pro is 3 generations ago and it will be 4 in September. If anything goes by, 2 more software updates ad it will be done.

Charging almost $600 (CAD equivalent), it is very expensive in my opinion. Got the money worth, I could get 2 Google Pixel 6 in used market.

The only iPhone I will actually buy on used market is near obselete iPhone, akk iPhone XS generation. It is priced pretty low at this stage.

MrAperture

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2017
SF, CA
I always feel used iPhones are not good value, iPhone 11 Pro is 3 generations ago and it will be 4 in September. If anything goes by, 2 more software updates ad it will be done.

Charging almost $600 (CAD equivalent), it is very expensive in my opinion. Got the money worth, I could get 2 Google Pixel 6 in used market.

The only iPhone I will actually buy on used market is near obselete iPhone, akk iPhone XS generation. It is priced pretty low at this stage.
There’s a reason why the Google Pixel 6 is cheap on used market; it has a ton of issues and you’d be a fool to buy one.

Aoligei

macrumors 6502a
Jul 16, 2020
There’s a reason why the Google Pixel 6 is cheap on used market; it has a ton of issues and you’d be a fool to buy one.

I have 2 Google Pixel 6, one Pixel 6A, two Pixel 7. I am have fully replaced my iPhone to Pixel 7. None of them have any problem (beside one have a cracked back).

IMG_2133.jpeg

IMG_2134.jpeg

In fact, I have own every single generation of Pixel phone. From Pixel 1 to Pixel 7 (with exception of Pixel 5a, which is not sold in Canada). Every single one of them works as expected.

Even if you does not go with Pixel phone, iPhone in used market is still terrible deals. Spending over $600 (or whatever in UK) on a three years old phone is just not worth the money. It seems that Apple is dropping iPhone faster than before. iOS 17 will be the last iOS version for iPhone XS, iPhone XR, and iOS 18 will be the last for iPhone 11. Spending this amount of money on a phone that probably will receive two more OS update is kind wasteful.

Last edited:

Androiduser1

Suspended
Original poster
May 13, 2023
Quick update, the new battery is working perfectly, this will be a work horse only until January, of then I can see how I find the 15 pro line up, failing that... might get a 13 pro max! Only thing that let this phone down is the no 5G for me personally, however £320GBP or $406USD I am chuffed for the very short term.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.