Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Anpanman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 11, 2020
Hi, I got a new iPhone 11 pro max and I notice a popping noise in the youtube app (small but audible one time when the next clip or track start) when I skip to the next clip or changing track to the next song. The weird thing is that the youtube on the Safari does not have this popping noise.

the popping noise seems intermittent, occurs at some time and not others.
i went to an Apple store to try this but there is no Youtube app installed in any iPhone there. So I asked one of the sale guy there to try on his iPhone and his exhibit the same popping noise too (again, on some clip, not all clips).

For clarity, the popping noise only occurs at the beginning of the clip or track if I click skip to the next clip or track in the Youtube App but not in the Youtube web on the Safari.

akash.nu

macrumors G4
May 26, 2016
It might just be a custom feedback google has put in the YouTube app. I hardly play videos on my phone so have never noticed but I’ll try out.

Edit - ok I’ve just tried it out and it is in the app. It’s haptic + noise feedback for certain notifications / call to action events.

OMGste

macrumors newbie
Feb 20, 2018
Hi, I got a new iPhone 11 pro max and I notice a popping noise in the youtube app (small but audible one time when the next clip or track start) when I skip to the next clip or changing track to the next song. The weird thing is that the youtube on the Safari does not have this popping noise.

the popping noise seems intermittent, occurs at some time and not others.
i went to an Apple store to try this but there is no Youtube app installed in any iPhone there. So I asked one of the sale guy there to try on his iPhone and his exhibit the same popping noise too (again, on some clip, not all clips).

For clarity, the popping noise only occurs at the beginning of the clip or track if I click skip to the next clip or track in the Youtube App but not in the Youtube web on the Safari.
I’ve just got a new iPhone SE and noticed the same issue. Did you ever get this sorted?

Fishels

macrumors 6502
Feb 25, 2015
It’s not an issue as mentioned above.
I'm not sure i understand your explanation. I just googled and found this thread.

Old reply but this is still an issue with bluetooth audio. This does not happen when you have a wired connection though earbuds. It doesn't happen with my android youtube app. Problem exists on iPhone and iPad.

I just got beats yesterday and its ruined the experience. Didn't happen yesterday but started today

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.