Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SweetLilFairy

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 22, 2017
Tucson, Arizona
This will be my third year preordering. In the past I've always done it through Verizon. This year I am considering just doing it directly through Apple. My question is if I preorder through Apple will my iPhone be automatically activated to my number/account? I would like it to be ready out of the box and already activated just like how it always is when I order through Verizon. So when if I preorder through Apple will my phone still come activated out of the box with Verizon/my number? Should I just stick to ordering through Verizon? What is easier?

DDustiNN

macrumors 68020
Jan 27, 2011
You can choose that option when ordering.

Honestly I always choose the SIM-free version. Then just put my old SIM card into the new phone and it works immediately. No hassle, no “activation” process to go through, nothing. It just works. Every time.

You can even swap the SIM back and forth whenever you want, if you want to do comparisons. No need to even turn off the phones or restart or anything. Just pop the tray out and put your SIM in. It will work immediately.

Reactions: whirldy
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.