Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ramchi

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 13, 2007
India
I recently updated my iPhone 11 Pro Max 512 GB with 13.5.1 update.

But I have noticed it ONLY yesterday (June 12, 2020) that my Secondary SIM (Physical SIM) Idea Mobile Network in India not allowing me to make calls or send SMS. But I could receive network generated OTP messages.

Strangely, the Network Bar showing the Idea Network Name with all 5 Bars for the Secondary SIM. I have tried the affected Idea Network SIM Card in an Android device which is working without any issues.

My Primary SIM (eSIM) is working perfectly.

I have tried all tricks mentioned such as Airplane Mode Toggle, Restart, Date Automatically Set, Remove SIM, Manual Network Selection, change the Network to 3G(which doesn’t show any network at all) etc...when I tried one of the suggestions *#31# it says “Interrogation Failed Calling ID Restriction”. Hence I tried to set the Show My Caller ID but the setting is spinning without yielding any further options.

Is there any way out of this situation? I am planning to call Apple Support Tomorrow.

This is probably a problem with the recent Software Update !

Ramchi

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 13, 2007
India
When I contacted Apple to address this issue using its Apple Support issue Mr Jameil from the Apple support after taking sweet 20 plus minutes in the chat, said he has trouble scheduling calls immediately and offered call back on June 19, 2020!

I would understand if Apple Support says that theirrecent Software bug causing this issue and we need to wait untilJune 19,2020 I can understand but mere call back after one week for Network issuesunable to Make ror Receive calls is something really astonishing considering the prices they charge giving excellent services & support as the reason!

Attachments

• 47C748C8-82D9-44CC-A1B2-E2812D33F13F.jpeg
    47C748C8-82D9-44CC-A1B2-E2812D33F13F.jpeg
    85.3 KB · Views: 124

Ramchi

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 13, 2007
India
My iPhone 11 Pro Max Second SIM(Physical SIM) stopped working, only I can send & receive SMS but can’t make calls! Tried the SIM in Android and it is working!

I am seeing large volume of people reporting this issue from various regions continuously in the past two weeks.

Carrier blaming the device manufacturer while Apple Support is fixing Call Back for my $1700 iPhone after 10 days.

alien3dx

macrumors 68020
Feb 12, 2017
My iPhone 11 Pro Max Second SIM(Physical SIM) stopped working, only I can send & receive SMS but can’t make calls! Tried the SIM in Android and it is working!

I am seeing large volume of people reporting this issue from various regions continuously in the past two weeks.

Carrier blaming the device manufacturer while Apple Support is fixing Call Back for my $1700 iPhone after 10 days.
maybe some country have esim to cater second sim.. err not about the topic but just reply it for help

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.