Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mohamed Adel

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 13, 2020
My iPhone 11 Pro Max display is yellowish even with TrueTone and NightShift off. I went back to the store, compared my device with other devices there and my device is somewhat more yellow. They refused to refund or even to replace with another one. The guys there claim that this yellowish tint is an expected behavior and Apple does not consider this as a defect. I contacted Apple Support, sent them photos and screenshots. Finally, after 8 days, Apple engineers replied. Apple engineers said that this yellow tint is not a defect.
How come?
Two devices of the same model have entirely different display temperature and the manufacturer claims that both displays are good and not defected. This is not logic. This does not happen anywhere else except with Apple.

ericwn

macrumors G4
Apr 24, 2016
I am not sure either but recommend that you work with that engineer to get the answers you need rather than have an Internet forum throw random guesses at you.

Best success!

m0sher

macrumors 6502a
Mar 4, 2018
Whole thread on this. In short it’s normal.

As the NITS in brightness go higher each upgrade Apple warms the display so it’s not searing your eyes.

Turn True Tone OFF. Keep auto bright on. See if you like that better.

Reactions: Mohamed Adel

Mohamed Adel

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 13, 2020
I am not sure either but recommend that you work with that engineer to get the answers you need rather than have an Internet forum throw random guesses at you.

Best success!
I am just sharing my experience.
Tried to get the engineers emails or any other contacts but no use. It’s not allowed to get to them directly. The communication will be through Apple Support advisors only.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.