Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DevinNj

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2016
New Jersey
Anyone at there disappointed in iPhone 11 Pro Max?
Seems most folks are happy with their Pro Max, at least on these forums. Do you have one, are you looking for advise on purchasing one? More information would be needed.
[automerge]1573750031[/automerge]

tinkertoy1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 13, 2019
Seems most folks are happy with their Pro Max, at least on these forums. Do you have one, are you looking for advise on purchasing one? More information would be needed.
[automerge]1573750031[/automerge]
I have one. The photos are not living up to Apples Hype. Apple Support is a waste of time anymore. There was a time Apple Support could solve anything! Anymore it is complete frustration, hence why as of late I research myself. Thank you for your reply. I was very curious.

Reactions: DevinNj

DevinNj

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2016
New Jersey
I have one. The photos are not living up to Apples Hype. Apple Support is a waste of time anymore. There was a time Apple Support could solve anything! Anymore it is complete frustration, hence why as of late I research myself. Thank you for your reply. I was very curious.
I agree that the support from Apple has not been favorable for me lately as well, and I don't have a Pro yet, will most likely get one during Black Friday sales, so I can't comment on that, but hopefully everything gets ironed out for you.

KiraYamato

macrumors regular
Oct 27, 2015
It is so frustrating! I was so excited about Insane Photos and they are grainy and ick!
By grainy, you mean soft and blurry when you look them up in the photo app? Maybe you have that bug, try to zoom in and out: you will probably see they are sharp. Or change format in camera settings from high efficiency to compatible.

See if this helps.

Last edited:

tinkertoy1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 13, 2019
By grainy, you mean soft and blurry when you look them up in the photo app? Maybe you have that bug, try to zoom in and out: you will probably see they are sharp. Or change format in camera settings from high efficiency to compatible.

See if this helps.
Hello,
I am experiencing grainy shots, videos. I will try the setting. Taking photos near or a bit far, time to take it in. I have been a iPhone user from I-5 on up, all of them. I would like to think all though I am not a educated electronics tech I am a faithful well navigated iPhone patron :)
Thank you for your replies everyone ?

pickaboo

macrumors newbie
Nov 21, 2019
I have a pro max and here is a screen issue.
4272026B-266E-4F29-BD40-973E543D613A.jpeg

compwiz1202

macrumors 604
May 20, 2010
Only disappointing thing for me is that the "Green" looks gray except around the camera or if the lighting is low.

iFone88

macrumors 68020
Oct 5, 2018
Are the grainy images, images that are taken in artificial light or indoors? You’ll always experience this with a phone camera.

Outdoors or natural light pictures will be much better. Notice how when apple promote their camera etc, the photos are always outdoors and never of someone sitting indoors on the sofa?

MajoMajo

macrumors newbie
Jun 13, 2020
The 11 pro max is my 4th iPhone and it has been the one with more issues... I do not like the photos... colors when taking sky photos are horrible, I miss my 7+ for that... battery drained HORRIBLY, and now, out of the nowhere I have a purple dot in the screen which after googling means the screen is going to die soon... ok nice. 7 months of hell with this phone

darngooddesign

macrumors P6
Jul 4, 2007
Atlanta, GA
...and now, out of the nowhere I have a purple dot in the screen which after googling means the screen is going to die soon... ok nice. 7 months of hell with this phone

That purple dot is the best thing you could have hoped for; you don't even have to wait for the screen to die to have it replaced under warranty.

jettie1767

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2003
New Jersey, USA
I like the Pro Max. I wish they would just update the IOS UI. It would be nice if we can get more control over customizations. The only thing underwhelming for me is the Portrait mode in the camera app.

SophiaTech

macrumors newbie
Jun 18, 2020
I did buy iPhone 11 Pro Max mainly because of the picture quality and performance that Apple had promised during its launch and ads henceforth. Even I am disappointed just like most of us who have shared their experienced in this forum. The hype has certainly not been met by Apple and I feel letdown.

The support feature is also not up to standards, which is another problem. I did find my phone not responding at times which I feel is not justified considering the price I paid to own it. I am deeply frustrated and I am happy that I am in the same page just like most of us here.

synicalx1

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2020
I used a Pro Max for quite a while, easily one of the best phones I've ever used hands down. The only "fault" I could find is that iOS13 is feeling a little outdated but from what we've seen iOS14 is going to fix all that and then some.

If I could change one thing about the Pro Max, it'd be to make it less slippery - mine kept on sliding right out of my pockets whenever I sat down. A case fixed that but I'd rather not have to use a case since it's such a nice looking piece of kit.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.