Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hyloba

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 30, 2014
Every year I wait for around Black Friday to buy the previous year’s iPhone (normal sized pro version). Here in Europe that means instead of €1160, it gets down to about €750 if you get a good deal. However, now, prices for the 11 pro have remained around €930. I’m not sure why exactly. Is there too much in stock or is it still popular? A price difference of about €230 isn’t that big for the 12 pro. The only reason I don’t want a 12 pro is for the battery. 1-2 hours difference is too big.
Hoping the price drops a bit more the upcoming days.

imp3rator

macrumors 6502a
Dec 25, 2019
"Is there too much in stock"

No, price drops significantly if stocks are full. Probably not, or - Apple wants boosts 12/Pro sales.
I remember sales before 3-4 months where 11 pro was for 899 at premium resellers...

sjperformance

macrumors 68000
Oct 7, 2013
Miami 305
That is correct. Since stock must be low no need to discount. With pandemic everything is limited stock. Been to a car dealer lately? Or tried to get a car rental? Good luck. Car shortages galore.

edk99

macrumors 6502a
May 27, 2009
FL
Plus don't forget the iPhone 12 just came out a month ago. Your not going to get a good of a deal this year.

DexBell

Suspended
Oct 23, 2016
That is correct. Since stock must be low no need to discount. With pandemic everything is limited stock. Been to a car dealer lately? Or tried to get a car rental? Good luck. Car shortages galore.
Car shortages? I’m in Southern California and there are cars at dealers everywhere. Who’s buying a $50k mustang or $80k F250 during a pandemic? If anything, looks like they have an overflow of cars when I’ve driven by.

sjperformance

macrumors 68000
Oct 7, 2013
Miami 305
Car shortages? I’m in Southern California and there are cars at dealers everywhere. Who’s buying a $50k mustang or $80k F250 during a pandemic? If anything, looks like they have an overflow of cars when I’ve driven by.
Really? Not here in Miami. Been waiting for my next SUV lease for last 2 months for either Lincoln to call me for a 2021 aviator or Kia for 2021 Telluride. Not only that but on hot markets dealers are marking up cars because of shortages. You cant go by slow sales in your region.

DexBell

Suspended
Oct 23, 2016
Really? Not here in Miami. Been waiting for my next SUV lease for last 2 months for either Lincoln to call me for a 2021 aviator or Kia for 2021 Telluride. Not only that but on hot markets dealers are marking up cars because of shortages. You cant go by slow sales in your region.
Ha, that’s crazy because I was just looking at a Telluride a few months ago. Too plasticky and cheap feeling for me, especially for the price, but anyhoo. Looks like there are 16 at one of the local dealership. Probably more if I search large dealers.

sjperformance

macrumors 68000
Oct 7, 2013
Miami 305
Ha, that’s crazy because I was just looking at a Telluride a few months ago. Too plasticky and cheap feeling for me, especially for the price, but anyhoo. Looks like there are 16 at one of the local dealership. Probably more if I search large dealers.

I don't want a SUV. I need a SUV though. 3 kids and 1 step son. My current lease 2017 QX60 is ending next week. Either I pay $545 a month lease for Telluride fully loaded or Aviator middle model with some extras $725 a month. At this point I prefer Telluride for its its great reviews and what not. Only drive a SUV for kids but I can afford either or. Looking into Palisade too. This morning was looking at 2021 Atlas too.

DexBell

Suspended
Oct 23, 2016
I don't want a SUV. I need a SUV though. 3 kids and 1 step son. My current lease 2017 QX60 is ending next week. Either I pay $545 a month lease for Telluride fully loaded or Aviator middle model with some extras $725 a month. At this point I prefer Telluride for its its great reviews and what not. Only drive a SUV for kids but I can afford either or. Looking into Palisade too. This morning was looking at 2021 Atlas too.
Eh, the Aviator is an overpriced Explorer with a Lincoln badge. Pass. I'll save $15k and take the Explorer all day.

shady16

macrumors 6502a
Oct 3, 2019
Every year I wait for around Black Friday to buy the previous year’s iPhone (normal sized pro version). Here in Europe that means instead of €1160, it gets down to about €750 if you get a good deal. However, now, prices for the 11 pro have remained around €930. I’m not sure why exactly. Is there too much in stock or is it still popular? A price difference of about €230 isn’t that big for the 12 pro. The only reason I don’t want a 12 pro is for the battery. 1-2 hours difference is too big.
The 12 pro has very close to the same battery life as the 11 pro if 5G is off. Also for the Qualcomm modem I would deal with it. The intel modem sucks

maerz001

macrumors 68020
Nov 2, 2010
In Germany the X and XS was available for 600€ in January.
if u can wait...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.