Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

eqhw

macrumors newbie
Oct 27, 2016
California
Gold Pro Max, but I am really intrigued (for the first time) by the Silver, mainly because of the matte finish.

iObama

macrumors 65816
Nov 16, 2008
Going for an 11 Pro Midnight Green. Coming from a gold XS Max. Might regret the color change, STOKED about the size change.

Reactions: Cape Dave

metacove1

macrumors member
Aug 7, 2014
Going for an 11 Pro Midnight Green. Coming from a gold XS Max. Might regret the color change, STOKED about the size change.

Just curious if you'd offer a bit more insight on the size change desires. I imagine you just want more pocketable and convenient phone. What are some of your gripes with the Max ? I'm on the other side thinking of going big.

Reactions: iObama and SS313

cambookpro

macrumors 604
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom
Coming from a silver XS Max, probably going to go with the 5.8” Pro. Deciding between silver and green, would like to see them in person first.

Michael Scrip

macrumors 604
Mar 4, 2011
NC
My last 3 iPhones were the black option. It's a safe bet.

But I kinda want the green Pro Max just because it's weird.

I will use a case so I'd either have to get a clear case or get a case that lets some of the green show through. Maybe in a contrasting color. I dunno.

Or those bumper-style cases that are open in the back.

Decisions, decisions...

felixroqu3

macrumors 6502a
Mar 5, 2012
New York, NY
Which color are you going to get? I was thinking about getting the green, but I know ill kind of get tired of it. So I will probably order the black one just to be on the safe side. It just goes with everything. Black iPhone Pro Max with the black leather case. Going black on black for the first time.
[doublepost=1568165019][/doublepost]Question. How do you guys think the glass matte will feel in the hand? You think it'll feel like the aluminum?

IconIc215

macrumors 65816
Oct 11, 2013
My last 3 iPhones were the black option. It's a safe bet.

But I kinda want the green Pro Max just because it's weird.

I will use a case so I'd either have to get a clear case or get a case that lets some of the green show through. Maybe in a contrasting color. I dunno.

Or those bumper-style cases that are open in the back.

Decisions, decisions...

I initially wanted the green but kept thinking about how odd that would look in a case. This year the camera matches the back of the phone so you will have green showing not blacked out like prior years. Even the black case on apples website looks odd with the green camera showing through. Forest green leather goes but that's way too much green for my liking. Having limited case choices that would look good with the midnight green steered me to SG. That is of course my opinion....

Reactions: jpn

gsmornot

macrumors 68040
Sep 29, 2014
Sticking with Space Gray. I use an Apple leather case so you won’t see the color anyhow.

moderniste

macrumors 6502
May 7, 2005
Silver. I love that they added a new option for green, but the shade is a bit too masculine for me.

Stuart6

Suspended
Jan 30, 2017
I would prefer a complete black color instead of a space grey. I think a full black would look sleeker. I choosed midnight green as it looks new.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.