Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Drwireless

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 18, 2021
I bought an iPhone 11 while waiting for Apple to replace a battery for my iPhone X around July 2020. I immediately disliked the new iPhone 11 because very often, Regardless of which letter I touched, my sentences would often begin with "Z" and I would have to go back and edit. I could understand if I was pressing a letter even near the "Z" key but that is not the case. I contacted Apple the same week about this and they assured me I was the only person having this problem. They may be right because I could find no other comparable problems with the Z on any threads. That being said, I have activated thousands of cellphones over the years and am CEO of an IT company so this is not my first rodeo.

I finally got so fed up with this issue that I made an appointment at an apple store last week. I explained that I could not physically wait in line for ever as usual so it was suggested to come in as the last appointment of the day at 5:45pm. I did, and after waiting nearly 40 minutes in a wheel chair because of a knee procedure, the "Genius" did a diagnostic test on the sensitivity of the keyboard in 2 minutes and then said everything is fine. He told me that the keyboard of my iPhone 10 was larger and better, and that was the problem. He tried to rush me out and never even attempted to duplicate the problem by composing an e-mail on the device. He did suggest that I upgrade to an iPhone 12pro and offered me less than peanuts for my iPhone 11 which was essentially brand new since I went back to my X. Apple has sent me about four surveys since but they obviously don't read them because nobody has ever reached out and tried to resolve my issue. Any "Z" people out there???

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 604
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona/Illinois
Never had the problem you’re describing and haven’t seen anything mentioned on this forum about it either.. I’d say it’s more likely a software issue, you might want to try and restore the phone using iTunes and setup new without using any backup. If the problem persists you can always restore from your backup and everything will be back to where you started...

Reactions: DevinNj

DevinNj

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2016
New Jersey
Sorry, I've never had this or even heard of this before. Sounds like your "genius" and I use the term lightly, was useless, which sadly has been discussed in great lengths on here. I'd try a reset like Bugeye recommended and I'd escalate this higher up the ladder with Apple out of sheer principle

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.