Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Moriend87

macrumors regular
Aug 21, 2019
I really want to buy iPhone 11 Pro Max 512GB but the "Scratch Gate" really scare me. Super Easy get scratch on iPhone 11 Series screens reports all over the places. What can I do?

Use a case and get Apple care. Problem solved. Sounds like you are trying to find a reason not to get the pro max. If you can’t afford it don’t try to make it out like you don’t want it and try to talk others out of it.

movieator

macrumors 65816
Sep 17, 2009
LA, CA
I have a small, hairline scratch on my XsMax, but I can only see it if I'm looking for it under bright, direct sunlight.
Hold on, lemme check my old 6. Yup. Hairline scratch there.

Unless I'm looking for them like I'm in a CSI episode, I don't think about them at all.

This whole thing is so overblown.

Last edited:

soft99

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 28, 2019
Use a case and get Apple care. Problem solved. Sounds like you are trying to find a reason not to get the pro max. If you can’t afford it don’t try to make it out like you don’t want it and try to talk others out of it.

For me it is cheap, but I don't want to buy something that is not designed well and I need to buy another stuff to put on it to protect it.

soft99

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 28, 2019
Lol if it’s cheap then buy a case. I’m sure for you it’s “cheap” haha

As I said I only buy stuff with well design, not something that can be easily scratched and I need to buy other stuff just to cover it.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
lol not everyone wants to use a case or screen protector smh

You’re right, they don’t, then those same people that refuse to use a case/screen protector should take responsibility if their phone scratches when they could’ve used protection in the first place. But yet, they come on sites like this to throw tantrums blaming Apple for their own doing. See how that works?

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
What phone screen is more durable and less likely to scratch?

There’s isn’t. I’ve owned probably 8 smart phones over the last five years and I admit I treat my phones fairly good without a screen protector, and I never had an issue with the display scratching. Keep in mind, you’re going to seea lot of exaggerated comments on a site like this, just like a lot of other things said, like ‘Apple is a doomed company’, ‘the 2018 iPhone XR was going to fail’, etc.

Moriend87

macrumors regular
Aug 21, 2019
There’s isn’t. I’ve owned probably 8 smart phones over the last five years and I admit I treat my phones fairly good without a screen protector, and I never had an issue with the display scratching. Keep in mind, you’re going to seea lot of exaggerated comments on a site like this, just like a lot of other things said, like ‘Apple is a doomed company’, ‘the 2018 iPhone XR was going to fail’, etc.

lol I was actually just seeing what he would say. Any screen will scratch( for now until technology is good enough where it won’t) I don’t mind people bad mouthing Apple but these threads are just so stupid. I can promise you he’s trying to convince himself not to get it because he can’t afford it. Lol why else would he make these stupid threads. I mean buy Apple care and get it swapped out when it gets to bad.

Lobwedgephil

Contributor
Apr 7, 2012
As I said I only buy stuff with well design, not something that can be easily scratched and I need to buy other stuff just to cover it.

Name one phone that is "designed" well and has glass that won't scratch?

soft99

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 28, 2019
lol I was actually just seeing what he would say. Any screen will scratch( for now until technology is good enough where it won’t) I don’t mind people bad mouthing Apple but these threads are just so stupid. I can promise you he’s trying to convince himself not to get it because he can’t afford it. Lol why else would he make these stupid threads. I mean buy Apple care and get it swapped out when it gets to bad.

My Benz doesn't easily get scratches like iPhone 11 Pro Max.

Last edited by a moderator:

rockitdog

macrumors 68030
Mar 25, 2013
Its a phone! All phones scratch! Hairline scratches are always on phones. Its something you can't escape if you don't use a screen protector or if you plan to actually use your phone. There is no "Scratch Gate" - just people who obsess over ridiculous things that are perfectly normal.
[automerge]1570639446[/automerge]
I always use Glass screen protectors so I don't have to worry about this stuff. $8 on Amazon is quite the investment.

Reactions: jbachandouris

JagRunner

Suspended
Oct 18, 2018
Houston,Texas
Why do people automatically assume someone can't afford an iphone if they are questioning something about it? This is why people hate Apple Fanboys. We have people in other threads putting down people because they are going for the iPhone 11 instead of the Pro versions...calling them poor, ect. SMH

I know people that make a good living with the XR and I know people living paycheck to paycheck with a Pro. lol

Get over yourself thinking you're better than someone because you have an iPhone or a Pro...no one really cares which phone you have. They all do the same crap for the most part.

Moriend87

macrumors regular
Aug 21, 2019
Why do people automatically assume someone can't afford an iphone if they are questioning something about it? This is why people hate Apple Fanboys. We have people in other threads putting down people because they are going for the iPhone 11 instead of the Pro versions...calling them poor, ect. SMH

I know people that make a good living with the XR and I know people living paycheck to paycheck with a Pro. lol

Get over yourself thinking you're better than someone because you have an iPhone or a Pro...no one really cares which phone you have. They all do the same crap for the most part.

I don’t think I’m better than anyone. But don’t come on here making up some gate to convince yourself not to get a phone.

What phone screen doesn’t scratch? Then it’s a bad design? Lol I upgraded from a iPhone 8 Plus I don’t buy a new phone every year. But I damn sure don’t make silly excuses why I’m not
Buying it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.