Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kaikidan

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 3, 2017
By the end of the month I'll be switching my old iPhone 11 to a 13 mini since I hugelly prefer the form factor (Stayed with my SE from launch at 2016 and only upgraded to 11 because of the degrading battery) aand bettery seens greatly improved from 12 mini. Nowadays my 11 is at 80% battery health and can't handle a day in light usage without a charger, I'll replace the battery and give it to my mother, now i'm interested in how better performing is the 13 mini battery compared to a 11, if someone has gone from a 11 the 13 mini like i'll be doing, how has been the experience thus far?

JM

macrumors 601
Nov 23, 2014
I'm very pleased with the 13 mini. I have an apple watch, and I get ~2.5 SOT for 40% usage (most if not all is WIFI). There are reports of people getting more than that... but I don't know if they have the apple watch or not.

By the time I get to bed after some after-work Safari scrolling and youtube it would need to be charged up for the next day. (30-40% battery remaining)

Over the weekend I got 4.5 hours of SOT and ~70% battery usage on mostly WIFI.

I always thought the 11 was an overkill.... It didn't make it through two days, so I was always in this weird place of charging either at work completely, or at home (since it needed a charge every 1.5 days).

I love how the 13mini is EXACTLY a day's use.

Hope that light-on-details report helps.

Reactions: Kaikidan
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.