Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

virnew

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 13, 2019
Hello everyone,

I've used an iPhone 11 for the past year, and I'm seriously thinking on moving to the mini.
I find the display not very ergonomic, I like to use the phone one handed and at the end of the day it truly hurts my hand and fingers.
Also, in some pockets can be uncomfortable to carry.
I've come to the conclusion that the tradeoffs for a bigger screen do not compensate the ergonomic hurdles.

Moreover, I don't like the quality of the display, I can see the pixels.

Whenever I watch a movie I switch to bigger screens and when I need to do serious browsing or computing I go to my Mac.
I regard the iPhone as a "utility" to use outside home or lightweight use inside home: communication, music, camera, maps, wallet, banking receipts, connected devices, reminders, notes and files to bring with you instead of printing.

This iPhone 12 mini seems to be the perfect solution for me, but virtually everyone tells me I'm crazy.
Any thoughts?

DevinNj

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2016
New Jersey
I wouldn't worry about what everyone else says. Do what's best for you. I'm thinking about downsizing from my 11 Pro Max to the Mini for some of the reasons you've stated, but again, I need to go and handle one in person first.

mailman199

macrumors 6502
Nov 4, 2008
New York
Sounds like it might be the best solution, but I would hold one first. The reg 12 is smaller and lighter than the 11 and might prove to be the sweet spot for you. I agree that phones have gotten too big (wide mostly) and too heavy. My had and arm can feel it after a day. GL

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.