Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

helloapple1

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 20, 2020
I got an iPhone 11 and noticed that the screen has a yellowish tint to it compared to my iPhone 8. So I brought the 11 to the Apple store to compare to the demo models and found the same issue. I made sure my phone had all the same screen settings as the demo models (true tone off, night shift off, etc) and found that my screen did indeed have a yellowish/washed out tint to it. The screen in my opinion looks fuzzy and makes reading text more difficult.

I made an appointment with Apple. The technician found the same issue and decided to replace the screen. The screen replacement didn’t fix it. They eventually gave me a new phone and now this new one has the same issue again with the screen. I’m not sure what to do at this point.

Is anyone experiencing the same with their iPhone 11 screen?

Here’s a picture of my iPhone 8 compared to 11 (with exact same screen settings):

coffeeplease

macrumors 6502
Sep 28, 2019

Reactions: helloapple1

CoronaOnTap

Suspended
Oct 24, 2019
Dozens and dozens and dozens and dozens and dozens and dozens and dozens and dozens of and dozens of posts about this already. As noted, refer to that link above.
Those dozens are for the Pro models with the OLEDs but the image is for the iPhone 11 (non-Pro) with the LCD.

Reactions: StumpyBloke

Dogman12

macrumors newbie
Jun 27, 2017
Those dozens are for the Pro models with the OLEDs but the image is for the iPhone 11 (non-Pro) with the LCD.
Oh crap, I though this issue belongs only to Iphone 11 Pro with OLED screens. Strange to see that. Eventually, my Iphone 7 was yellow as well at the beginning. Now it's almost blue ? I believe LCD displays become whiter after time

helloapple1

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 20, 2020
Thanks for the link. It seems like it’s also an iPhone 11 issue as well as the pro model.

I guess I have to go back to Apple and show them that thread. If I can’t get an 11 with a proper screen I think I’ll sell it and stick with my iPhone 8.

Anj

macrumors newbie
Aug 5, 2021
I got an iPhone 11 and noticed that the screen has a yellowish tint to it compared to my iPhone 8. So I brought the 11 to the Apple store to compare to the demo models and found the same issue. I made sure my phone had all the same screen settings as the demo models (true tone off, night shift off, etc) and found that my screen did indeed have a yellowish/washed out tint to it. The screen in my opinion looks fuzzy and makes reading text more difficult.

I made an appointment with Apple. The technician found the same issue and decided to replace the screen. The screen replacement didn’t fix it. They eventually gave me a new phone and now this new one has the same issue again with the screen. I’m not sure what to do at this point.

Is anyone experiencing the same with their iPhone 11 screen?

Here’s a picture of my iPhone 8 compared to 11 (with exact same screen settings):
I have exactly the same issue with my iphone 11. I noticed the yellowish tint when I compared it with my boyfriend's iphone 11. (We both have the same screen settings as what you mentioned) So I went to a very frustrating process of apple. I did call their customer service and they asked me to go to the nearest apple service to have my phone checked. And the technician agree that my screen is yellowish so he decided to replace the screen. But after replacing the screen nothing happened. It's still yellowish. So they also gave me a brand new unit and it Im really frustrated because i felt like i wasted too much time on this phone. The screen is still yellowish and i dont know if i should go to apple again. Just wanna know what happened to your phone? Did you went to apple again?

Last edited:

helloapple1

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 20, 2020
I have exactly the same issue with my iphone 11. I noticed the yellowish tint when I compared it with my boyfriend's iphone 11. (We both have the same screen settings as what you mentioned) So I went to a very frustrating process of apple. I did call their customer service and they asked me to go to the nearest apple service to have my phone checked. And the technician agree that my screen is yellowish so he decided to replace the screen. But after replacing the screen nothing happened. It's still yellowish. So they also gave me a brand new unit and it Im really frustrated because i felt like i wasted too much time on this phone. The screen is still yellowish and i dont know if i should go to apple again. Just wanna know what happened to your phone? Did you went to apple again?
I eventually gave up with going to Apple and went into the Color Filters -> Color Tint and check marked that then played around with it until I got a somewhat whiter/bluer screen.

how-use-display-accommodations-and-color-filters-iphone-and-ipad

julesme

macrumors 6502a
Oct 14, 2016
San Jose
I just replaced my iPhone 8 with a new iPhone 13 mini, and I'm surprised at how yellowish the tint is (for white backgrounds, like websites). When reading news sites, the white background is yellowish and text looks gray instead of back. Just to clarify, this is with TrueTone turned on (for both the 13 and the 8).

I'm curious if this is just a characteristic of OLED vs. LCD?

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.