Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nomad01

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 1, 2005
Birmingham, England
I also pass my phone to my wife when I change it and she does not suffer with the same problems. The only thing that I can think of is that it may be linked to the fact that I vape. Maybe the vape juices get under the edge but seems very odd that it always is top of the phone rather than anywhere else and surely if it was because of this lots more people would be having the problem.

I have had multiple cases both Apple and aftermarket, none of these seem to make a difference either.

No answers I am afraid but at least someone else who has a very similar problem. If you have found any answers please do update the post.

Thanks

This echoes a lot of my experience. I just got a iPhone 14 and was about to ditch the wireless charger I use pretty much all day in case that was the issue. I’ll see how that goes.

I don’t vape and I don’t think it’s environmental either as I’ve fitted one the day before going on holiday and the same thing happens after a few days.

I’ve tried so many different brands and price ranges. The Apple fitted one didn’t last any longer really.

My partner just took the problematic iPhone 13 off my hands so I’ll see how that pans out too.

My only other thought is that I use IG a lot and I use my phone in general a lot more than my other half and it gets warm at times. I wasn’t sure if that was the issue. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Last edited:

HDFan

Contributor
Jun 30, 2007
I have used Belkin UltraGlass Screen Protectors over multiple model years with no problem.

Starting last year Apple has refused to install these for some reason. On release day I asked them to install it and they said they had the machine but to come back on Monday. On Monday took Pro Max in and they said the machine wouldn't work with that protector. I asked if they could install it. Went to his manager who told him they weren't allowed to.

So I installed it and got unremovable bubbles, as I did last year.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.