Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Vintageelectric

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 27, 2021
Hello i would like to clear this doubt with you guys, i hope you can help me.

I'va bought an iphone 12 second hand today and its all working properly but i dont like the display looks or the image quality.

I come from an iphone xs max and it looked really good and "soft" but this iphone 12 looks awful, you can notice in the icons that are not soft all the lines in the menu looks a conjunction of mini dots instead of a clear line, if you look close you can really notice the "dots" it looks like it has low resolution or really bad texture, like when you turn off the filter in a game for example and the image is not soft and the lines are rough.

I dont know if this is the look of a screen oled and i dont know or if the display is fake. I have checked and i have the true tone feature that in most of the cases it says if you have that function the display is original.

I hope you can help me saying if this is a normal thing or if i have a really bad quality replacement.

StumpyBloke

macrumors 603
Apr 21, 2012
England
Unfortunately, without some photographic evidence I don’t think anybody is going to be able to help you, apart from saying that the OLED display is stunning.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.