Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Geekett

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2021
One thing is what Apple says, another thing is what an independent agency measures. If Apple doesn’t fix the problem within 2 weeks, french regulator will ask the company to recall all iPhone 12.

I wonder if it does apply to iPhone 12 mini ?

Pezimak

macrumors 68040
May 1, 2021
Just read this and was about to post the story, reported here too:

So I expect questions about the iPhone 12 in other markets like the UK and US will be asked soon. And if found to be over the legal limits it’ll spread like wildfire on mainstream media. Apple better fix it fast. French Regulators have advises a software update can fix it, but will Apple do that and if so in 2 weeks?

Reactions: Geekett

jlc1978

macrumors 603
Aug 14, 2009
The BBC reports French regulators at ANFR will order Apple to stop selling iPhone 12’s and recall all those sold in France due to what they claim are radiation levels above legal limits; unless Apple can fix the phones via a software update. Their measurements show limb SAR radiation levels 1.74 W/KG above the limit and others within limits. Apple claims independent testing and their own show the phone complies with all regulations.

If Apple can reduce the levels in software, perhaps by reducing the modem’s power output, I wonder what that will do to signal strength? I can see where reducing modem power in French iPhones making connections less reliable and people complaining Apple has deliberately hobbled the device.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Brad7
Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.