Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kwanzaa

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 11, 2009
Malta
My local carrier started offering esim and I have been needing to add my work phone to my phone. Since swapping my physical sim to esim, imessage and facetime wont activate on my number. I have tried calling apple and went through all the steps, went to my carrier and even swapped to a physical sim, but nothing worked. I even did a full restore on my phone, but nothing works. I have been missing important messages on my phone all week. Anyone have any suggestions?

chabig

macrumors G4
Sep 6, 2002
I can't think of any reason that would explain what you described. There should be no difference between the physical SIM and the eSIM. Is your phone connected to the internet? Are you signed into iCloud. Are iMessage and FaceTime turned on in Settings? If all of those are true, then any problem must be due to your carrier. I can't guess as to what it might be, but talk to them.

kwanzaa

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 11, 2009
Malta
Yes i am connected, but iMessage verification fails. my other physical sim works perfectly fine and can register without a problem. There seems to be a recurring problem with imessage and esim.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.