Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

scouser75

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Oct 7, 2008
Guys, I've just bought my clumsy little one a second-hand Product Red 12 Mini and therefore need your recommendations for a strong clear case and screen protector please.

All recommendations much appreciated in advance.

scouser75

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Oct 7, 2008
Hi mate, thank you that's really kind of you. I'm in London though and I suspect you're in the US.

scotsmandc

macrumors 6502
Sep 26, 2015
Hi mate, thank you that's really kind of you. I'm in London though and I suspect you're in the US.
Yeah a bit far lol. Probably not worth shipping. I recommend buying a whole bunch from AliExpress. I did and ended up with 2 clear cases I really like and very close to apples oem version. you get like 5 for the price of one.

Reactions: scouser75

scouser75

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Oct 7, 2008
Yeah a bit far lol. Probably not worth shipping. I recommend buying a whole bunch from AliExpress. I did and ended up with 2 clear cases I really like and very close to apples oem version. you get like 5 for the price of one.
Are rhe ones you bought sturdy if phone is dropped?

The phone is for my young daughter for when she starts big school. She's super clumsy so I'm looking for something that'll protect the phone for all the million times she drops it 😫

scotsmandc

macrumors 6502
Sep 26, 2015
Are rhe ones you bought sturdy if phone is dropped?

The phone is for my young daughter for when she starts big school. She's super clumsy so I'm looking for something that'll protect the phone for all the million times she drops it 😫
I’m wouldn’t say full proof. I don’t just cases for the drop protection. I’d go with Otterbox if you’re goal is full protection.

scouser75

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Oct 7, 2008
I’m wouldn’t say full proof. I don’t just cases for the drop protection. I’d go with Otterbox if you’re goal is full protection.
Thanks for the recommendation. I was just about to go for the below as everything comes in 1 package and it's had top reviews (not that you can always go by them) but will check out the otterbox instead.

Reactions: scotsmandc

Johnny365

macrumors 6502a
Nov 30, 2015
Thanks for the recommendation. I was just about to go for the below as everything comes in 1 package and it's had top reviews (not that you can always go by them) but will check out the otterbox instead.

I’ve had that clear one in the beginning and it starts to yellow quite quickly.

Reactions: scouser75

scouser75

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Oct 7, 2008
Thanks guys for the tips and recommendations. I ended up going for the Otterbox and spigen screen protectors. Now to keep 🤞 the little one loses the clumsiness!

Reactions: scotsmandc
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.