Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CanAusderMeile

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 20, 2016
Hi,

i really cant decide what to do atm, using Apple iPhones since the 3rd Generation and was always using a Case with Front Glas Protector,
only used my iPhone 5S back then a few months without a case and only Glass Protector.

I need to say that i NEVER did broke any iPhone Glass or any big damages in the last 10 years...
Also i need to say that i use my iPhone like a egg and never put my iphone together with other keys or stuffs into my same pocket,
and always keep it clean (every 1-2 i swip out with micro fibre the front and back).

Now i have bought my iPhone 12 mini (blue) and its my dream iPhone, i have used every iphones from 3 to XS MAX / 11 Pro and was waiting since years for this sice and powerfull phone without home button.

I love the feel and slim look, the bezel, everything (it remembers me to my old iphone 5S) just a beauty.

I just bought the monthly Apple Care + Package to use a few days without Case (only glass protector on Front - Otterbox Amplify which i can also recommand)

What you guys are doing with the 12 mini?
Just keep apple care + and using the premium Glass from Otterbox amplify?

Or going to my old but gold protect combination with Rhinoshield NX Crashguard (with open back) to still have a protection if it drops?

This is also the first time i am using a Apple Care +, but i am afraid its a waste of money in my case, since i still use it very clean and don't drop my iphones often.

What would you recommand?
I don't want to destroy the look of the Mini 12 with a case since its slim design, but also don't want to risk any damages in the next months.

Also the other option would be just otterbox amplify glass on front and rhinoshield impact back protector film, but still the bezel and edges of the iphone could take damage :/

Need advise and help. Never such a hard decision problem before...

macher

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2012
Hi,

i really cant decide what to do atm, using Apple iPhones since the 3rd Generation and was always using a Case with Front Glas Protector,
only used my iPhone 5S back then a few months without a case and only Glass Protector.

I need to say that i NEVER did broke any iPhone Glass or any big damages in the last 10 years...
Also i need to say that i use my iPhone like a egg and never put my iphone together with other keys or stuffs into my same pocket,
and always keep it clean (every 1-2 i swip out with micro fibre the front and back).

Now i have bought my iPhone 12 mini (blue) and its my dream iPhone, i have used every iphones from 3 to XS MAX / 11 Pro and was waiting since years for this sice and powerfull phone without home button.

I love the feel and slim look, the bezel, everything (it remembers me to my old iphone 5S) just a beauty.

I just bought the monthly Apple Care + Package to use a few days without Case (only glass protector on Front - Otterbox Amplify which i can also recommand)

What you guys are doing with the 12 mini?
Just keep apple care + and using the premium Glass from Otterbox amplify?

Or going to my old but gold protect combination with Rhinoshield NX Crashguard (with open back) to still have a protection if it drops?

This is also the first time i am using a Apple Care +, but i am afraid its a waste of money in my case, since i still use it very clean and don't drop my iphones often.

What would you recommand?
I don't want to destroy the look of the Mini 12 with a case since its slim design, but also don't want to risk any damages in the next months.

Also the other option would be just otterbox amplify glass on front and rhinoshield impact back protector film, but still the bezel and edges of the iphone could take damage :/

Need advise and help. Never such a hard decision problem before...

I like slick wraps matted back.

Reactions: beach bum

beach bum

macrumors demi-goddess
Oct 6, 2011
Philly
I like slick wraps matted back.
Mine is arriving today, and I’m excited. Using my phone without a case with Peel screen protector, and wanted protection for the back. The only thing that I don’t like about Slickwraps is the long shipping time. I also ordered their gloss wrap although I’m leaning towards using the matte. Another forum member posted a pic of the matte, and it seems to be slightly textured which I like. Although I ordered a Peel clear hard case, I really want to use the phone without it.

yticolev

macrumors 6502
Sep 27, 2015
Search for "frameless" cases. These are normal frames but leave the sides bare, preserving the Mini ergonomics. Full protection, except for the rare side hit on a rock.

macher

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2012
Mine is arriving today, and I’m excited. Using my phone without a case with Peel screen protector, and wanted protection for the back. The only thing that I don’t like about Slickwraps is the long shipping time. I also ordered their gloss wrap although I’m leaning towards using the matte. Another forum member posted a pic of the matte, and it seems to be slightly textured which I like. Although I ordered a Peel clear hard case, I really want to use the phone without it.

It’s long shipping time because it took so long for them to process the order. If they would process the order let’s say 1 - 2 days after you order then I think when you actually get it would be much quicker. I think it took like 5 days for them to process the order and get it shipped.

Yea the matte is sort of textured.

colodane

macrumors 65816
Nov 11, 2012
Colorado
I don't like to hide my phone either. Apple makes a nice looking product and I want to see it. What I'm using on my 8 and will use again on the 12 Mini when I get it is one of the simple clear flexible cases the just cover the rear and sides. ESR and Torras are some brands I've used. Inexpensive and don't ruin the look of the phone. They also make the glass back more grippy so it doesn't slip when placed on hard surfaces.

I never use a screen protector and have never had any issue with scratching or discoloration. The new "ceramic" glass on the 12 models should be even better.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.