Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DogHouseDub

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 19, 2007
SF
  • I picked up an iPhone 12 Mini, and also bought an Apple Magsafe case and a MagSafe wallet. I own a 12 Pro Max, and these accessories have worked very well.
  • With the 12 Mini, I was surprised that the MagSafe wallet has a weak attachment compared to the iPhone 12 Pro Max.
  • I repeated with and without the case, and compared two different MagSafe wallets. Both are secure on the 12 Pro Max but easily dislodged from the 12 Mini.
  • Are there any iPhone 12 Mini users out there using MagSafe accessories? If so, do you find that they attach securely to the iPhone?
  • I'm hoping to discern if the phone is defective or if this is expected behavior.

Thanks!

Andeddu

macrumors 68000
Dec 21, 2016
Never tried any MagSafe products with a regular 12 but my 12 Mini appears to have a strong magnet. The MagSafe battery appears secure even when in my pocket and I am trying to remove it.

Reactions: DogHouseDub

Channan

macrumors 68030
Mar 7, 2012
New Orleans
I have a 12 mini but don’t have the wallet. But I do have a mount in my car that is MagSafe and my iPhone 12 mini sticks just as well to it as my 13 Pro and 14 Pro do.

Reactions: DogHouseDub
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.