Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

maerz001

macrumors 68020
Nov 2, 2010
Why would the profit on the mini be different than the 12 standard? They all have the same componentry. There is insignificant marginal savings on materials cost. Why would they love the mini buyers any more than the 12, 12 pro, 12 pro max?
true. Speaking of that the profit on the normal 12 should be higher than on the mini as BOM isn‘t that different.

AppleWes

macrumors 6502a
Oct 9, 2013
I’m a Mini owner and I’m not going to be out here worrying about why others don’t like it, or why it wouldn’t fit their use cases. It works for me and that’s all I care about. There’s an option for everyone.
THIS. Thank you, it’s all personal choice. Seems odd to write paragraphs defending each thing others may not “like”.

I tried mini, wasn’t for me and now I’m happy with 12 regular (not pro). To each his own :)

Reactions: TPadden and Cryates

iwrkalot

macrumors newbie
Jun 2, 2018
THIS. Thank you, it’s all personal choice. Seems odd to write paragraphs defending each thing others may not “like”.

I tried mini, wasn’t for me and now I’m happy with 12 regular (not pro). To each his own :)
I agree completely. I just bought my wife a mini for Christmas, her first smart phone (she does have a iPad Pro). She is a minimalist. The mini is perfect for her. She wont be gaming, surfing, checking emails etc. She uses her iPad for all of that. I am finally getting a Pro (maybe a Max). I have never had an iPhone but have using macs at home since my first PowerBook 140. She would never let me drop 1k or more on a phone... thankfully my boss is getting me one :)

This iPhone 12 line up is the best and smartest I've seen to date. Your mileage may vary ;)

Reactions: AppleWes
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.