Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

luckerr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 14, 2020
Hello,

may I ask you please.. If it's normal when I tap the screen, where I want to manaully focus, the square is just blinking? I am worried that maybe my ultra wide camera does not work. I can not google it to be honest.

Thank you very much in advance.

Soondae

macrumors 6502
May 22, 2012
Hua Hin, Thailand
I can only get my camera to blinking when I press screen quickly, if I push and hold on the subject the square will stop blinking and manually focus fine. Give that a try.

luckerr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 14, 2020
It's normal when I am on my normal main camera, but after switching into the ultra wide (0,5x) and tap the object that I want to focus.. it acts like this:

ahostmadsen

macrumors 65816
Dec 28, 2009
Hello,

may I ask you please.. If it's normal when I tap the screen, where I want to manaully focus, the square is just blinking? I am worried that maybe my ultra wide camera does not work. I can not google it to be honest.

The UW has fixed focus, could that be the reason?

luckerr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 14, 2020
Has it? I did not know that.. I hope that could be the reason then! ;) thank you..

macdogpro

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2020
Hello,

Mine also does that.
There’s a DP Review article that says the iPhone 11 UW lens is fixed focus only: link
But I haven’t found anything similar about the 12.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.