Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

klpribula93

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 1, 2021
Hiya!

I'm new to MacRumors, but I've been following MacRumors articles for awhile and thought I'd just sign up and join the forum! A little bit about me: I'm a Deaf graphic designer and photographer with a passion for tech. My life has always revolved around tech (literally); I've rely on technology a lot since I am Deaf. For example, I wear bilateral cochlear implants (I'm literally bionic woman...haha!) but I know ASL and can speak very well for myself after 18+ years of speech therapy. Apple products has helped me out a lot as a Deaf person accommodating my needs, such as FaceTime, iMessage, and now Sound Recognition (which I am super excited to have). Plus having the lyrics showing up on my music is also great for when I want to understand the words.

ANYWAYS... back to what I wanted to talk about in my post...I just purchased an iPhone 12 Pro in the graphite color. I had the silver iPhones for awhile but there's just something about the graphite color that makes me love it so much! In the past I've used Otterbox cases and Speck. I always have a case and a screen protector on all of my phones. My favorite case that Otterbox made was when they made the Statement case for the iPhone X in the purple/plum color. They don't make the statement case anymore for the newer iPhones but I do wish they would.

I had the iPhone 11 Pro, but I traded it in for the 12 due to the phone's design with the flat edges, better camera system (photographer nerd moment here), and faster data connection. I had the Vue otterbox case to match with the graphite. I liked how it offered the protection but wished that otterbox made the cases more nice looking. Now upgrading to the iPhone 12... I noticed that Otterbox doesn't have a lot of cases that offer the same amount of protection as the Statement and Vue case. I currently have the Otterbox Figura case on my iPhone 12 pro, but I'm not liking it as much as I thought for protection. I like the design and look of the case, but the protection of the case has made me nervous.

I'm looking into Apple Silicone cases that works with MagSafe, but I'm curious to hear from other members here on their experience with Apple Silicone cases (leather too). I tend to drop my phone. Not often but I do drop my phone once in awhile. Thankfully I have not dropped any of my iPhones on concrete *knock on wood* but I dropped it on hardwood floor and on carpets. I'm really enjoying the MagSafe technology that apple offers with the iPhone 12 line — I bought the MagSafe duo for both the phone and Apple watch. So I'm definitely looking for cases that works with the MagSafe.

Anyways, recommendations are welcomed and I'm excited to join the MacRumor family and learn more about tech in my free time!

dagored

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2007
Florida
Go to the top. Very long thread that should peak you curiosity. Covers 12/Pro/Max/Mini. Many Picts.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.