Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SelfHigh5

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 29, 2020
I noticed that when looking at the back of my iPhone 12 Pro Max under certain light, that the Lidar lens turns green around the edge or the entire lens depending how I tilt the phone.

Is this normal?

Does anyone else see this on their iPhone 12 Pro models?

PIC1.jpg PIC2.jpg

Last edited:

alecgold

macrumors 65816
Oct 11, 2007
NLD
A lot of anti reflective coatings show this. My glasses have a reddish yellow shine, but if I have the light in a specific angle it becomes yellow green.

Reactions: 5105973

SelfHigh5

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 29, 2020
Thanks for the input, I wanted to make sure this wasn't a hardware defect and was curious if anyone else noticed this on their model. The color seems to shift as you tilt your phone in different directions and goes from being around the edge of the opening, to turning the entire lens green.

JSTSIK

macrumors newbie
Aug 25, 2010
That is the glue drying.
Hi. I have also noticed this on my iPhone 13 pro max. It seems this only happens on the graphite colour as it’s not green on sierra blue or silver colours I have looked at in the same lighting.

Did you ever check if this was consistent among iPhones?

JSTSIK

macrumors newbie
Aug 25, 2010
That looks like a reflection from the glass covering the LiDAR.
I just can’t seem to replicate this on other phones. It’s very visible on my graphite. I just don’t have another graphite model
I can check to confirm. It definitely isn’t green on the silver and blue phones I have checked.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.