Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MiamiC70

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 16, 2011
iPhone 12 Pro Max not showing up on macOS finder or in Music so I can sync to computer??
I have tried resets of computer (Mac Mini w/ Catalina) and the phone, different lightning cables, I have tried checking and unchecking "show IOS devices" under finder preferences but am stumped.

My iPad is showing just fine, my old iPhone 8 Plus would show just fine using same hardware and software.

Stumped

MiamiC70

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 16, 2011
Does the phone charge when you connect it to the mac?
Good question. I didn't notice as just got it yesterday and was transferring everything over.
It did plug into work PC and was charging and sent out the "do you trust this computer" notification which does not do on my Mac.

MiamiC70

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 16, 2011
Well, problem solved. First, I tried 3rd cable and that did the trick but not before Catalina indicated that an “update” to my phone was available and asked if I would allow update. I said clicked yes and it installed “something” seemed like a driver and after that it was good to go.

amaze1499

macrumors 65816
Oct 16, 2014
iPhone 12 Pro Max not showing up on macOS finder or in Music so I can sync to computer??
I have tried resets of computer (Mac Mini w/ Catalina) and the phone, different lightning cables, I have tried checking and unchecking "show IOS devices" under finder preferences but am stumped.

My iPad is showing just fine, my old iPhone 8 Plus would show just fine using same hardware and software.

Stumped
Same here. it charges, system report sees it but Finder does not. Other iPhones are listed though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.