Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lowfreq

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 8, 2020
I have a 12 pro max and a 2011 4runner and whenever i start my vehicle the phone starts playing automatically through the vehicles Bluetooth (audio is coming from the itunes app on the phone )

other times ill try playing some video via youtube or FB and again the audio starts randomly playing from the itunes app and i have to navigate to that app to shut things down.

its actually gotten to be quite irritating and i cannot figure out why this is happening.

any advice?

Reactions: Crz10

fatTribble

macrumors 65816
Sep 21, 2018
Ohio
I had that exact issue a few years ago so definitely not new. You’ve probably already tried this but you could unpair/pair to see if that helps. I understand the frustration. At one point I turned off audio on the car’s Bluetooth settings and just used it for phone calls. Not a good option clearly.

Crz10

macrumors member
Dec 3, 2020
This exact same thing happened to me today. I was watching YouTube went into the car and it randomly started playing Despacito haha

Reactions: macguru212

macguru212

macrumors demi-god
Apr 17, 2009
AZ/NYC/Tokyo
Ya think this would be a simple "Do not autoplay" in a CarPlay setting somewhere.

This has bugged me for years. The only saving grace is that a Cheech & Chong track starts "No stems no seeds that you don't need, new Acapulco Gold is the baddest weed" plays every single time much to the delight of passengers. o_O

lowfreq

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 8, 2020
Ya think this would be a simple "Do not autoplay" in a CarPlay setting somewhere.

This has bugged me for years. The only saving grace is that a Cheech & Chong track starts "No stems no seeds that you don't need, new Acapulco Gold is the baddest weed" plays every single time much to the delight of passengers. o_O

the crazy thing is when it did this on Monday morning when I went to leave for work (keep in mind its already been doing this for month), iTunes randomly picked a song called "show me your G*****" by Jon Lajoie. The literally came out of left field is far, far from anything that I would play or listen to.

Reactions: macguru212
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.