Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nikolay25

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 15, 2021
Hello guys,

I hope you are doing great!

I would like to ask you for your assistance as I am experiencing a small but very strange issue. I recently purchased iPhone 12 Pro Navy Blue 128GB upgrading from my iPhone 5S that I have been using for 6 and a half year. My experience with iPhone 5S was incredible and now the iPhone 12 Pro is simply amazing.

However, there is one thing that happenes once in 2 weeks for example and it is related with the notifications sound. The issue itself happens very randomly and very rarely. When I am receiving messages from iMessage or WhatsApp the text message arrives with a preview and sound as it is supposed to, however let's say if there are three messages I hear three *ding* *ding* *ding* sounds and that's it as it is supposed to be. However sometimes the issue is that after these three *ding*'s, the notification sound doesn't stop and it continues *ding* *ding* *ding* *ding* *ding* *ding* *ding* *ding* *ding* *ding* *ding* *ding* *ding* ... and it doesn't stop unless I shut down the phone and when I turn it on it is resolved. While the sound is glitching, the text preview itself no longer is visible (unless I touch the display), just like the phone goes to sleep even that it's still dinging. In other words the text messages and the behavior of the phone are fine the phone display is on for five seconds while I take a look at the preview of the messages and then it goes to sleep but the dinging doesn't stop.

My current iOS version is 14.1 the version that the phone had as I purchased it in November. I know that there is a version 14.3 and I will update my iOS, however in the list of bug fixes published by Apple I don't see indication for such issue being aknowledged or fixed. Before I post here, I made search in this forum, in Google search and in YouTube but I can find only discussions related with the increasing sound of the keyboard clicks, while the issue that I am experiencing is not being mentioned by other customers.

I appreciate your assistance in advance!

Sincerely,

Nikolay

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.