Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SBruv

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 25, 2008
Hey all,

My iPhone 12 Pro makes a very faint rattling sound when I shake. I have to hold it right up to my ear to hear it, and I'm assuming it's the camera (as has been the case in previous iPhones), but can anyone else confirm/deny? It's a very faint sound, so you need to check for it in a quiet room.

I don't get the same thing with my iPhone 12 Pro Max, but that might make sense, what with the different cameras an' all.

Cheers!

SBruv

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 25, 2008
Is your phone working as intended? If yes then you have nothing to worry about.

Does this ALWAYS have to happen when someone just asks a question out of general interest? Yes, my phone's working as intended, and I know I have nothing to 'worry about'. I'm just wondering if it's normal.

Is that okay with you?

Reactions: Pipper99

SBruv

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 25, 2008
I might just walk around my home picking up things to make sure they don’t rattle.
That would be more productive than making pointless comments in a harmless forum thread that you clearly have no actual interest in.

FHoff

Suspended
Mar 21, 2020
Does this ALWAYS have to happen when someone just asks a question out of general interest? Yes, my phone's working as intended, and I know I have nothing to 'worry about'. I'm just wondering if it's normal.

Is that okay with you?
Should’ve searched question has been asked and answered countless times.

Reactions: Jordan921

SBruv

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 25, 2008
This has been discussed for many generations of iPhones. This isn’t only specific on the 12 Pro. But ok tho keep shaking that phone in a silent room listening for that rattle.

Why would I 'keep shaking' it? Why are you still talking to me? Have I done something to annoy you in a past life or something?

"But ok tho" keep putting your little troll hat on and getting involved in forum posts you have no actual interest in just to make yourself feel clever.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.