Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nolander07

macrumors 6502a
Oct 16, 2012
I don’t think there is any way the 12 pro will be supported with iOS updates longer than the 13. Has anything like that ever happened with Apple products (older device being supported longer than a newer device)?

Paddle1

macrumors 601
May 1, 2013
I don’t think there is any way the 12 pro will be supported with iOS updates longer than the 13. Has anything like that ever happened with Apple products (older device being supported longer than a newer device)?
Sometimes the older device has a longer lifespan and they end up stopping at the same time like the iPhone 6s and 7. If you mean an older device/hardware surpassing a newer one in updates completely I believe this is the first year that has happened, with the A9/A9X iPads outlasting the A10 based iPhone 7.

I doubt it would outlast, probably match it at most. Though if 4GB RAM really becomes a problem the 12 Pro might actually become a notably better performer.

Reactions: tt061282

BigDO

macrumors 65816
Dec 9, 2012
It’s not about outlasting in the sense that it will get a later iOS version than the new we model.

It will perform better than the model with less RAM as the iOS versions become optimized for more RAM.

Reactions: stigman
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.