Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mirzank

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 15, 2008
I understand the 12 pro is no longer sold by apple, but i can still get it from resellers, amazon,etc.

Wondering between 12 pro and 13 which one would be better. the 12 pro still a bit more expensive than the 13, but wondering if the 3 cameras on 12 pro are better to have than 2 cameras on the 13. Also any other advantage of having the 13 pro vs 12.

also the screen tech hasnt changed other than the brightness which i dont care much about.

i cant find any comparisons so wondering what the real life differences are?

mirzank

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 15, 2008
Buy it nice or buy it twice. Get the 13Pro
Totally agree, I got the 13 pro for myself. Gf upgrading from i8, and she’s not much of a tech person. For 128gb The 13 pro is about 1800$ where I am, 12 pro is 1500$ and 13 is 1350$. All 128gb.
for that much money the 13 pro is a bit of a waste for her. But she is saying she wants the 12 pro as it has 3 cameras vs 13 with 2 cameras.
thus the comparison. Are the 3 cameras on 12 pro better than 2 on the 13.

maerz001

macrumors 68020
Nov 2, 2010
Totally agree, I got the 13 pro for myself. Gf upgrading from i8, and she’s not much of a tech person. For 128gb The 13 pro is about 1800$ where I am, 12 pro is 1500$ and 13 is 1350$. All 128gb.
for that much money the 13 pro is a bit of a waste for her. But she is saying she wants the 12 pro as it has 3 cameras vs 13 with 2 cameras.
thus the comparison. Are the 3 cameras on 12 pro better than 2 on the 13.
The 13 has better ultrawide and wide camera with HDR 4 and improved night mode, bigger sensor, photo styles. But without the tele obviously. If she really needs it depends on her.

it’s lighter and has longer battery time. Personally i would go for the 13

mirzank

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 15, 2008
The 13 has better ultrawide and wide camera with HDR 4 and improved night mode, bigger sensor, photo styles. But without the tele obviously. If she really needs it depends on her.

it’s lighter and has longer battery time. Personally i would go for the 13
I highly doubt she knows what a telephone Lense is and to be honest I barely do too. I know practically what it means is that I can zoom more, without the phone having to take a picture and then digital zoom the part I want. Higher resolution. Other than that neither of us is anywhere close to utilising the power of our phones.
I have an x now, and it’s more than capable for me but got the 13 pro because well better newer :)

maerz001

macrumors 68020
Nov 2, 2010
Well you wrote she wants the 3 lens 12 pro. So she should know the difference, no?
Of course optical zoom is better than digital. But in low light iPhone switches to the wide lens anyway.

mirzank

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 15, 2008
Well you wrote she wants the 3 lens 12 pro. So she should know the difference, no?
Of course optical zoom is better than digital. But in low light iPhone switches to the wide lens anyway.
Should, yes, but honestly how many iPhone buyers do you think actually know the difference? The thinking probably is 3 lense better than two good. Can I afford it? Yes then great. No then fall back to 2 lense. Her thinking is also well 3 lenses better than two. She doesn’t know about sensor sizes, Apertures etc as I suspect the majority of iPhones users don’t.

drevious

macrumors newbie
Sep 28, 2021
Same problem here. 12pro looks better and telephoto which is cool in real life but 13 is a little bit newer and many things slightly better (but only slightly)... and actually I even prefer non-pro feeling in hand. This sharp metal borders in pros are not so comfortable to hold as beveled aluminium in 13. In my place both costs identical so the struggle is real.

Reactions: Benhama
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.