Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Paradoxally

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 4, 2011
I have an iPhone 12 Pro Max, upgraded from the 11 Pro Max. On my previous iPhone, I never had any issue when it comes to vibration feedback when receiving notifications, phone calls, etc.

I always have my phone on silent mode, and I find myself thinking I received no notifications only to have several on my lock screen. Sometimes, even phone calls slip by when the phone is in my pocket. I only notice the notification when it's on my desk because the screen lights up, as I can barely feel it. On the 11 Pro Max, it was much stronger and easily noticeable regardless of where the phone was placed (on a table, in a pants pocket, etc.).

I am on the latest iOS 14.2, but I don't think this is a bug. I transferred all settings from my previous iPhone, so it's not a case where I changed the vibration strength. When force touching content (peeking a tweet, for example), I definitely notice the tactic engine. It's solely regarding notifications and not being able to notice them as well as my previous phone.

This might be a complete overlook on my part, but has anyone noticed a significant difference in tactic feedback in these scenarios on the iPhone 12 lineup? And if not, is there any way to increase vibration strength only for notifications?

Thanks.

Reactions: grillface

mimog3

macrumors newbie
Dec 3, 2016
I also transferred my data and settings from my iPhone XS to 12 Pro Max and have noticed that when I get calls it will be a super faint/soft vibration and then there are times where my phone will vibrate normally where you can feel it. not sure what the issue is or how to change the settings for vibration strength if there is such an option.

ahsia

macrumors newbie
Oct 30, 2020
the issue is with the current OS. previous versions of iOS gave the option to select from 3 different intensities of vibration; now if you go into general>sound and haptics...it does not give that option anymore..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.