Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

schataut

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 13, 2010
I have an iPhone 13 cinematic video open in FCP. When I click on "Cinematic" within FCP, I get the message "Cinematic mode video shot on IOS 16 or later requires macOS Ventura or later."

iOS 16.2
MacOS Ventura 13.3.1
FCP 10.6.5

When I airdropped video to my MAC, I enabled the option "All Photo Data". Once it worked, I was able to enable "Cinematic" mode on FCP but now I get the error. Any help is appreciated.

May be an image of 1 person and text that says 'lop MacBook Pro 15-inch, 2018 Cinematic mode video shot on iOS 6 later requires macos Ventura or later. Bottom Distort Ok Bottom Left Processor 2.6 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7 Graphics Radeon Pro 560X GB UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB Memory 32 GB 2400 MHz DDR4 Serial number C02XL30SJGH6 macOS Ventura 13.3.1 Bottom Right 0px Top Right TopLeft Top 0 px Cinematic'

R S K

macrumors regular
Oct 18, 2022
Hannover, Germany
Were they also shot with iOS 16.2 or earlier? And why would you not have updated in literal ages? We're at 16.4.1 (even 17 by now)! There was a bug with older iOS versions that would cause this, so you need to update first and foremost (and always should).

Last edited:
Reactions: Dockland

foliovision

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2008
Bratislava
you need to update first and foremost
Thanks but some of us prefer to reach a point of stability and not update software daily and weekly on mobile, iPad and macOS on an eternal hamster wheel of incompatibility and instability.

I'm very happy with my M1 Mac Studio which I specifically bought to run Monterrey (which I do like) and Ventura (which I did not like). Of course, I'm getting the same message – "Cinematic mode video shot on IOS 16 or later requires macOS Ventura or later." I'll probably send an iPhone 14 Pro Max back to Apple over this (within return period).

This Apple is rotten. It's almost impossible to get work done with Apple apps at this point.

R S K

macrumors regular
Oct 18, 2022
Hannover, Germany
… and not update software daily and weekly on mobile, iPad and macOS on an eternal hamster wheel of incompatibility and instability.

The level of irony in this context is stunning. The "fix bugs without me having to update" approach is sure to serve you well.

It's almost impossible to get work done with Apple apps at this point.

Right. 😂👍🏼

Last edited:

foliovision

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2008
Bratislava
Just how rotten this Apple is and how much of our time Apple feels free to waste is revealed in what happened to many of us with the recent 12.7 update which bricked our working M1 Pro and M1 Max computers.

It was exactly the update which cost thousands of people most of a work week. Alas, I won't trust Apple any time again soon with even security updates. The chances of losing days of my life to Apple are much higher than to hackers, as I do keep my web browsers up to date and don't randomly click on files which arrive, and keep all networking firewalled and mostly turned off.

But sure, keep working as an unpaid cheerleader for a billion dollar corporation that couldn't care less about your (or my) existence.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.