Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

4pp13

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 21, 2020
Looking to get a case for my iPhone 13 mini. I love the Apple silicone case if I had unlimited money for replacement since it seems to peel quickly, but the quality is not there. My previous phone managed a severe scratch from a drop outdoors even when using the case.

So after much reviewing here and elsewhere, so far it seems the magsafe Survivor Endurance and Otterbox Core might work.

Anyone have either of these and able to say how it’s holding up?

Any other recommendations with magsafe that are UK based?

Ideally has to be able to survive falling from a lap and onto the ground from a car.

Mous case seems ok but overhyped, I worry they get fantastic results in videos due to being able to take multiple shots. Casteify looks like it’ll get stuck in customs. Same for Caudabe sheath - although that does look amazing.

4pp13

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 21, 2020
Order casefify through Amazon and you will get it in a couple of days
Good option. I've been holding off on this as I'd ideally like to get a custom designed one at these price levels.

It turns out I found an incredible deal on a Griffin Survivor case. It's holding up really well so far. The bottom cutouts are unimpressive but everything else seems really good.

Decided not to try the core as price on this was too good. However, I'd read a lot of people comparing it to silicone and thus wondered perhaps over time it will peels. Also a few reviews mentioned the corners seem to pop sometimes and that was a huge issue with the Apple silicone case as well.

Maz39

macrumors 6502
Sep 29, 2021
Good option. I've been holding off on this as I'd ideally like to get a custom designed one at these price levels.

It turns out I found an incredible deal on a Griffin Survivor case. It's holding up really well so far. The bottom cutouts are unimpressive but everything else seems really good.

Decided not to try the core as price on this was too good. However, I'd read a lot of people comparing it to silicone and thus wondered perhaps over time it will peels. Also a few reviews mentioned the corners seem to pop sometimes and that was a huge issue with the Apple silicone case as well.
I’m glad you got a good case that you like

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.