Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Stormz

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 21, 2007
With Apple continuing to sell the iPhone 13 Mini, are they (and 3rd party resellers) just using up stock now, or is the model actually still be manufactured? Forgive the stupid question. I don't know how the supply chain works, but I'm just wondering how easy it will be to order a new model later this year or the first half of next year.

Stormz

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 21, 2007
already did. Selling now for $599 for the base model.
I'm waiting for the third party retailers to lower their prices accordingly. So far (here in the UK at least) the prices remain the same as they were before the announcement.

ericg301

macrumors 68020
Jun 15, 2010
if they are still actively selling them, then they are most likely still making them.

once they stop officially selling them, the remaining stock will be sold through other channels like carriers and retail stores

DeepIn2U

macrumors G5
May 30, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
With Apple continuing to sell the iPhone 13 Mini, are they (and 3rd party resellers) just using up stock now, or is the model actually still be manufactured? Forgive the stupid question. I don't know how the supply chain works, but I'm just wondering how easy it will be to order a new model later this year or the first half of next year.

If history can be trusted, it will remain in the lineup for at least another year from now.

Still remain line up but wont be manufactured as much. I think they will do some here and there

From carrier supply, Bell Mobility in Ontario - colour options and size options have DROPPED to minimal options in just under 2wks.

I made 2 mistakes:
May 2022 - all kinds of colours and storage options for the 13 mini and returned it.
Late September 2022 - 256/512 GB storage and all colours where available. I made the STRRUUUPID decision to try the iPhone 14 Pro on upgrade and immediately returned it in less than 4 days (1 day actually with my SIM card).

now ... ONLY 512GB option is available and in PINK and Silverlight - Arrrrgh.
I want it in Black or Blue. All stores in Toronto, ON have NONE in stock except PINK or PRODUCT red :(

I'm VERY tempted to just bite the bullet, get silverlight right now on HUP and just use my left over DBrand Icons.

Apple retail has it in stock but I'm not paying full retail at this time. Black Friday I just might via Amazon full retail.

FYI - do NOT wait boys & girls! Also get AC+ monthly until you cancel ... trust me!! Now with unlimited claims this will be HUGE down the road in 4yrs+ time frame.

mikext

macrumors 6502
May 26, 2011
Dallas
FYI - do NOT wait boys & girls! Also get AC+ monthly until you cancel ... trust me!! Now with unlimited claims this will be HUGE down the road in 4yrs+ time frame.

I just got the monthly AC+ for my mini as I plan to use my 13 mini for a loooong time

• Love
Reactions: DeepIn2U

DeepIn2U

macrumors G5
May 30, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I just got the monthly AC+ for my mini as I plan to use my 13 mini for a loooong time
THE smartest move especially ona product still sold yet discontinued FAR too early.

I’m eagerly awaiting the 1-2 quarterly sales estimates from reputable sales of the iPhone 14 plus to compare with the 13 mini.

If less than the 13 mini THIS would show Apple made a very BIG mistake and most likely to bring back the mini, even as an SE.

Honestly I really feel all mini owners and lovers send in emails and on social media how the mini suits their lifestyles, what we hope for (reasonably) for its resurrection.

With a flood of love and pleading maybe, just maybe Apple will bring back the mini ~ even if it’s branded an SE4.

I mean I already have a heavy and large bulge in my pants that I’m born with, I don’t need a large phone that begs to use a stylus ;)

Why does Apple sales and product engineers think larger is better for active lifestyles? The Watch makes sense making it bigger but not an iPhone.

9Benua

macrumors regular
Aug 20, 2011
From carrier supply, Bell Mobility in Ontario - colour options and size options have DROPPED to minimal options in just under 2wks.

I made 2 mistakes:
May 2022 - all kinds of colours and storage options for the 13 mini and returned it.
Late September 2022 - 256/512 GB storage and all colours where available. I made the STRRUUUPID decision to try the iPhone 14 Pro on upgrade and immediately returned it in less than 4 days (1 day actually with my SIM card).

now ... ONLY 512GB option is available and in PINK and Silverlight - Arrrrgh.
I want it in Black or Blue. All stores in Toronto, ON have NONE in stock except PINK or PRODUCT red :(

I'm VERY tempted to just bite the bullet, get silverlight right now on HUP and just use my left over DBrand Icons.

Apple retail has it in stock but I'm not paying full retail at this time. Black Friday I just might via Amazon full retail.

Silverlight was my 1st option. Pink/red was my 2nd. Blue n midnight wasn’t in my option. It’s washed out color with this mini one. I finally got my used 512gb mini in red. Pretty satisfied, wish it’s silverlight but for the price I’m paying, I’m not complaining.

Reactions: DeepIn2U
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.