Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ehfz

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 24, 2013
the performance and battery life of my iPhone 13 mini has gotten significantly worse over the past month. Performance is intermittently very choppy (e.g. sometimes it will take 1-3 seconds for my keyboard inputs to show up, etc.).

And battery is often running out in the early afternoon. When new, I never had to worry about running out of battery and the performance was excellent.

I checked app usage and nothing stood out as problematic.

The phone is using less than half of its available storage space, so that's not the issue.

It's running whatever the latest os update is (not a beta).

I did a restart and a soft reset and that had no effect.

I have not tried a hard reset.

Battery health states 88%, and under the "Peak Performance Capability", I see no evidence that this mode has been enabled due to an unexpected shutdown.

So all that said, my questions is: is there any way to tell whether my iPhone has reduced performance due to battery health vs a software issue or poorly behaving apps?

Is 88% battery health a reasonable percentage to consider a replacement or is that premature?

I am open to getting a battery replacement or doing a hard reset, I'd just prefer not to waste my time doing either of them if it's not going to help...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.