Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ruslan120

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 12, 2009
Has anyone dug through the specs / have the distinctions on-hand?

Considering downsizing from the 12 Pro Max to the 13 Mini but cameras are important.

I read somewhere the 13 mini cameras are the equivalent of 11 Pro Max? + software features?

Thanks in advance

va1984

macrumors regular
Jan 27, 2011
If I understood correctly, the larger sensor that last year was only in the main camera of the 12 Pro Max, is now the default sensor across the line (or only across all the main cameras?).
Very confusing.

But as a 12 Mini user I can tell you that the compact size is really great, even as I am tempted to switch to the 13 Pro for battery and macro.

bsmsam

macrumors regular
Jul 22, 2008
I switched from a 12PM to a 12 mini earlier this year. This doesn't answer your question, but as my phone is heavily used as a camera device, I really only noticed the fewer Portrait mode options on the mini. The 12 mini still takes great photos for my use, so I would imagine the 13 will be better. However, I do use my phone way too much for the mini's battery life, so I am just going with a regular Pro this year. But the mini is probably my favorite iPhone in a very long time, and I'm kind of bummed to not be using it soon.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.