Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

coachbrady79

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 14, 2015
I am upgrading from the iphone 11. Thinking of going pro, but the regular 13 will fit my needs as well. For those who went regular 13 can you share your experience?

Al Rukh

macrumors 65816
Nov 15, 2017
I am upgrading from the iphone 11. Thinking of going pro, but the regular 13 will fit my needs as well. For those who went regular 13 can you share your experience?

I had the regular 13 from January to May. Honestly, it’s a great device. Good battery life, amazing screen and speakers. Feels premium.

The only complain I had was the glossy back which collects fingerprints easily. Also, the minimal focal distance for the wide angle lens is larger than the 11 series. So close up shots at 1x zoom will never focus the object. The trick to get around this is to take the photo with the UW angle lens or zoom to 1.1x or more to get it to focus in close range.

Apart from that, it’s an extremely capable iPhone.

Reactions: coachbrady79

eltoslightfoot

macrumors 68020
Feb 25, 2011
I have the regular 13, and it is mostly fine. I will say that I notice that the cellular modem isn't quite as robust as my 11 pro max was (Verizon Wireless - US), but it is still fine. I won't be upgrading for a while.

Reactions: coachbrady79
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.