Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Pinkyyy 💜🍎

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 25, 2023
Egypt
So I wanna buy a new iPhone, and I'm currently trying to choose between iPhone 13 Pro Max and iPhone 14 Pro Max.

My main priorities in a phone are a long battery life and a stable software, and I don't care too much about cameras.

You know, I don't mind just going for the 14 PM considering it's currently the latest one, but I keep hearing that it's full of bugs and issues and that's what's making me a little concerned about it..
That's why I also thought of the 13 PM, but I don't know if the 14 PM is actually any better.

So is it actually all true that iPhone 14 Pro Max is that buggy ? I'd really appreciate it if someone helps me choose. :)

Torty

macrumors 65816
Oct 16, 2013
What bugs? If you speak about iOS 16 bugs it will be the same for both phones. it’s very likely the 14pm gets longer iOS support than the 13pm if you keep your devices for a longer time.

Reactions: Pinkyyy 💜🍎

Pinkyyy 💜🍎

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 25, 2023
Egypt
What bugs? If you speak about iOS 16 bugs it will be the same for both phones. it’s very likely the 14pm gets longer iOS support than the 13pm if you keep your devices for a longer time.
I know, but aside from the iOS 16 bugs, I heard that the 14 PM itself has glitches in the camera app, overheating issues, software bugs in the Dynamic Island (which are all said to have been solved in the newer iOS updates, but I'm not really sure about all of this since I've never tried the phone myself).

So yeah, I'm just asking to see if those who have the phone still face those issues or if the phone is now fine regardless of the iOS 16 bugs that are there on all the iPhones that support it.

Last edited:

JPack

macrumors G5
Mar 27, 2017
I know, but aside from the iOS 16 bugs, I heard that the 14 PM itself has glitches in the camera app, overheating issues, software bugs in the Dynamic Island (which are all said to have been solved in the newer iOS updates, but I'm not really sure about all of this since I've never tried the phone myself).

So yeah, I'm just asking to see if those who have the phone still face those issues or if the phone is now fine regardlesd of the iOS 16 bugs that are there on all the iPhones that support it.

If there were such bugs, you'd see a huge thread here about them, not just one off posts. Some people either have unstable apps on their phones or have a defective device. There was a launch day bug on iPhone 14 Pro/Max that physically damaged the camera stabilization system. Some people affected never sought a replacement.

iPhone 14 Pro/Max is the way to go. You don't want to be stuck with the notch for the next few years.

Chidoro

macrumors regular
Dec 29, 2016
So I wanna buy a new iPhone, and I'm currently trying to choose between iPhone 13 Pro Max and iPhone 14 Pro Max.

My main priorities in a phone are a long battery life and a stable software, and I don't care too much about cameras.

You know, I don't mind just going for the 14 PM considering it's currently the latest one, but I keep hearing that it's full of bugs and issues and that's what's making me a little concerned about it..
That's why I also thought of the 13 PM, but I don't know if the 14 PM is actually any better.

So is it actually all true that iPhone 14 Pro Max is that buggy ? I'd really appreciate it if someone helps me choose. :)
I can’t help you where to put your money, but I know nothing of bugs for the 14 PM. Anecdotally, mine has been flawless since l got it on launch day.

Pinkyyy 💜🍎

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 25, 2023
Egypt
Get the 13 PM. It’s a solid device and I could easily see it last for the next 3-4 years. I own one and would probably keep it till the foreseeable future.
Yeah it's a great phone in my opinion, especially when it comes to its incredible battery life ! I'm definitely considering it as a second option if I couldn't find a good reason to go for the 14 PM instead.

If there were such bugs, you'd see a huge thread here about them, not just one off posts. Some people either have unstable apps on their phones or have a defective device. There was a launch day bug on iPhone 14 Pro/Max that physically damaged the camera stabilization system. Some people affected never sought a replacement.

iPhone 14 Pro/Max is the way to go. You don't want to be stuck with the notch for the next few years.
Oh well, I'm glad that those bugs aren't like a general issue with the phone itself right now.
Though aside from the Dynamic Island (which for me isn't really so different from the notch), the 48 MP main camera sensor and the A16 Bionic chip, is the iPhone 14 Pro Max actually any better than the 13 Pro Max ? Like does it have a better battery life, or better performance ? Or is there like little to no difference on terms of those things ?

Well obviously the 14 Pro Max will get more years of support for iOS updates, but is that just it ?

Pinkyyy 💜🍎

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 25, 2023
Egypt
I can’t help you where to put your money, but I know nothing of bugs for the 14 PM. Anecdotally, mine has been flawless since l got it on launch day.
That's a really good thing to hear, considering I heard so many complaints about this phone since its launch day, which is what kept me away from it. I couldn't tell if they were all true though since I never tried the phone myself and I don't know anyone who owns it.

JPack

macrumors G5
Mar 27, 2017
Oh well, I'm glad that those bugs aren't like a general issue with the phone itself right now.
Though aside from the Dynamic Island (which for me isn't really so different from the notch), the 48 MP main camera sensor and the A16 Bionic chip, is the iPhone 14 Pro Max actually any better than the 13 Pro Max ? Like does it have a better battery life, or better performance ? Or is there like little to no difference on terms of those things ?

Well obviously the 14 Pro Max will get more years of support for iOS updates, but is that just it ?

Besides the camera, you're getting:
  • Brighter display at 2,000 nits peak outdoor, vs. 1,200 for iPhone 13 Pro/Max
  • Always on display feature
  • Satellite SOS and crash detection
  • X65 modem with much higher 5G frequency bands and bandwidth; support depends on your carrier
Battery life is about the same. Performance increase is marginal.

Ploki

macrumors 601
Jan 21, 2008
Yeah it's a great phone in my opinion, especially when it comes to its incredible battery life ! I'm definitely considering it as a second option if I couldn't find a good reason to go for the 14 PM instead.

Re: support, not necessarily.
5S and 6 ended on same iOS version and so did 6S and 7.

And iOS 17 will drop support for both 8 and X.
11/12
13/14
If they keep the trend.

Tsepz

macrumors 601
Jan 24, 2013
Johannesburg, South Africa
Can’t go wrong with either but we are in June, may as well wait for September if you are patient. Otherwise you really cannot lose with either one, if you want the very latest go straight to 14 PM, if you want the best bang for your buck then go 13 PM.

• Love

xxFoxtail

macrumors 6502a
Nov 8, 2015
NY

I can’t speak for the 14 Pro Max, but mine and my fiancé’s launch day 14 Pros have been very solid without any issues.

But if you can find a good deal on the 13PM, you might as well go for that.

1BadManVan

macrumors 68040
Dec 20, 2009
Bc Canada
The brighter display on the 14 PM outdoors in the sun is a game changer for me this summer. Much brighter than my wife's 13 PM. Both great phones a very similar battery life but I do love the better camera, louder speakers as well and never have overheating issues

cableguy84

macrumors 68000
Sep 7, 2015
Word on the street is the 13 pro max has the superior battery life. Also the notch encroaches less into the screen than the dynamic gimmicky island

Pinkyyy 💜🍎

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 25, 2023
Egypt
Thank you so much for the suggestions everyone !!

This was an old post, and I eventually went for the 14 Pro Max. I actually wanted to go for the 13 Pro Max at first since it also seemed pretty solid and not that different from the 14, but I couldn’t really find a good deal on it (there are no Apple Stores where I live).
I was just a little confused because I came from Android, and wasn’t quite sure which iPhone model I should pick as my first iPhone 😅
I’ve had the 14 Pro Max for about a month now, so far so good. Battery life has been very solid, though software updates sort of mess it up sometimes. I was only facing heating issues on the first week, but right now it’s mostly fine, only heats when it’s on charger or when I use the camera app for a long time. I was also having some issues with the weight since I have small hands, but I eventually got used to it.

Not really planning to upgrade to the 15 since I’m not the type who upgrades yearly, so I’m planning to keep it for the foreseeable future. Hopefully it stays as solid in the next few years.

1BadManVan

macrumors 68040
Dec 20, 2009
Bc Canada
Thank you so much for the suggestions everyone !!

This was an old post, and I eventually went for the 14 Pro Max. I actually wanted to go for the 13 Pro Max at first since it also seemed pretty solid and not that different from the 14, but I couldn’t really find a good deal on it (there are no Apple Stores where I live).
I was just a little confused because I came from Android, and wasn’t quite sure which iPhone model I should pick as my first iPhone 😅
I’ve had the 14 Pro Max for about a month now, so far so good. Battery life has been very solid, though software updates sort of mess it up sometimes. I was only facing heating issues on the first week, but right now it’s mostly fine, only heats when it’s on charger or when I use the camera app for a long time. I was also having some issues with the weight since I have small hands, but I eventually got used to it.

Not really planning to upgrade to the 15 since I’m not the type who upgrades yearly, so I’m planning to keep it for the foreseeable future. Hopefully it stays as solid in the next few years.
Congrats, im sure it will serve you well for quite some time. Apples chips are very powerful and run very well. We iPad Air 3's with the A12 that still run great, my oldest kid has an iPhone 11 that we just replaced the battery on because of such heavy usage and it still runs amazing as well.

• Love
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.