Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

loko162

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 16, 2024
Hi. I wonder how long your iPhone 13 pro lasts. I bought a used model yesterday, condition 94%, 300 charging cycles according to iMazing. It's my third day with this phone and i have some thoughts. My previous phone was SE 2nd gen so obviously battery life is a priority for me.
First day: woke up with 75% few minutes before 8am, went to the work, spent 1.5h SoT and at 2:30pm i had 28%, used 4G/5G.
Second day: woke up with 100% at 8am, went to the university, spent about 4h 20min SoT, at 2:30pm i had 38% i was using Wi-Fi mixed with 4G (disabled 5G because i have good internet connection on 4G).
Third day: unplugged my phone at 6:47am, started using after 8am, at 4pm i had about 20%, i launched battery saving mode and i had about 2-3h on screen.
I read that iOS 17.4 makes the battery drain or is it just a normal result? I don't want to think all time about battery, but comfort of using is huge priority for me, somebody with 13 Pro can say what is in his situation? Should i worry about it? Maybe i should return my purchase and buy brand new iPhone 14, but i really loved the 120Hz and cameras. What do you think?

FreakinEurekan

macrumors 603
Sep 8, 2011
My first thought, is give the phone a few days to finish indexing Spotlight, syncing with various servers, etc before testing battery life.

loko162

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 16, 2024
today i unplugged wire at 6am, started using at 8am, right now at 8:50pm i have 6% of battery with 3h 35min SoT, 60% 4G to 40% wifi, acceptable? Should i wait for iOS 17.4.1?

Reverend Benny

macrumors 6502a
Apr 28, 2017
Europe
About 2.5 yo 13pro here, 256gb, located in the Nordics and using 5G a lot. I haven’t had any issues with 17.4 or 17.4.1.
I am using a regular 14 at work and it works fine as well on the same OS.
But, the company phone has a lot less apps, less storage used and are being used a lot less so it’s hard to compare those two.
My 5 cent is to have a look at background activities, tidy the phone from Apps that your arent using, have a look over how much stuff you actually have connected to your iPhone (BT), sync with mail (push vs pull) what type of connectivity being used and the regular stuff such as not using full brightness and so on.

christwiseman

macrumors newbie
Mar 26, 2024
I seem to be having the same issue - 13 Pro 128GB.

Interestingly, since the 17.4 update, the signal on my secondary physical SIM card seems very poor. When I looked in the morning, over 65% of battery use had been used by 'No Mobile Coverage'.

Wasn't an issue until the update.

Signal on my eSIM is fine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.