Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MikeX

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 27, 2016
When I airplay photos to Apple tv, they work however when I press and hold the live photos or click on a video I shot with Iphone 13 or my previous videos, connection breaks and airplay immediately disconnects. I tried with my other iphoes, they all run ios 15 and they work fine.

Iphone 13 and Appletv 4k both running latest IOS. restarted both many times, same issue.

Happens on older videos as well as latest 4k videos.

Anybody has the same issue with iPhone 13?

Streaming youtube works fine e.g. if I use mirroring on airplay.
but when I open the photos app and try a video, airplay disconnects.

MikeX

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 27, 2016
tried it on another appletv, same issue. photos stream fine with iphone 13 to apple tv but when i hold the live photo, airplay crashes on appletv and disconnects. same happens on videos.

CMorgan08

macrumors newbie
Oct 2, 2021
Yes i experienced this today too, also iPhone 13 Pro. I tested out on other iOS15 device and they work fine (iPhone 10/11). Did you find a solution?

CMorgan08

macrumors newbie
Oct 2, 2021
I’m not sure which fixed it but i did two things overnight 1. Disabled “Optimize iPhone Storage” so that the iPhone is storing all original photos and videos and 2. Upgraded to 15.0.2

I’m thinking it was the latter, but if the problem persists after an upgrade try disabling optimize iphone storage and let it download all photos/videos from iCloud (i left mine do that overnight).

So good to be able to easily Airplay my family videos again!

Last edited:

Taz Mangus

macrumors 604
Mar 10, 2011
I have noticed that if I AirPlay YouTube to my AppleTV, Safari freezes up and I need to kill off Safari and restart it again. Has anyone else encountered this situation. I am using an iPhone 13 Pro Max running iOS 15.0.2.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.