Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Indigo212

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 7, 2020
Hi all!

I've been using iPhone 11 Pro Max for the last three years and this piece of hardware has given me so many great moments, did almost everything I ever wanted from it and all that while looking extremely good all the time :) I love photography and mainly shoot JPEG's + doing some editing in Lightroom Mobile and this 11 Pro Max was simply perfect but I feel it is time to move on to a better camera and battery.

At the time of my posting, the battery health is at 80%, AFTER THREE YEARS of constant and heavy usage I might add! Simply incredible! Now, I'm just looking for two improvements in my new phone and those are the camera and battery + I do not want to pay over $1000 :)

Can I even find the iPhone 13 Pro Max NEW in the States now? Is the iPhone 14 Pro Max's camera that much better than 13 PM? I've seen numerous reports that the battery on 14 PM is actually worse than 13PM...

JPack

macrumors G5
Mar 27, 2017
There is a significant improvement in camera quality with 14 Pro/Max with the 48MP sensor. If you can’t find it new, consider a 15 Plus.

cableguy84

macrumors 68000
Sep 7, 2015
I have the green 13 pro max. Will be keeping it till the 16 is released.

Battery life, processor and camera are still great. Additionally the 13 arguably has the better screen as the notch doesn’t extend as far into the screen as the gimmicky dynamic island.
The only clear advantage the 14 has is the AOD imo

Indigo212

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 7, 2020
Well, I don't care about AOD or dynamic island but I do care about spending less money 😆

MarkNewton2023

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2023
Get 14 Pro Max. Its camera is more up to date than the 13 Pro Max. When upgrading a device, choosing a latest version from available options is recommended to ensure we get latest updates on hardware. However, it is up to individual preferences and situation. Wish the best and enjoy on your choice 😊

Indigo212

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 7, 2020
One question about the cameras at 13 PM and 14 PM... Do they overprocess the images? I'm having a hard time working with HDR photos in Lightroom and that option is always turned off on my 11 PM

FreakinEurekan

macrumors 603
Sep 8, 2011
Considerable camera improvements in the 14 Pro or Pro Max over the 13 Pro/Max for sure. Slight camera improvements in the 15 Pro, slightly more in the Pro Max (5x lens) but dollars vs features, if your goal is best camera for the buck I think the 14 wins.

Dsmith7

macrumors regular
Oct 20, 2021
One question about the cameras at 13 PM and 14 PM... Do they overprocess the images? I'm having a hard time working with HDR photos in Lightroom and that option is always turned off on my 11 PM
13 and 14 pro max or horrible with hdr. No option to turn off like 11 pro max. Its better since ios 17 but still not great

Indigo212

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 7, 2020
Then I will most probably not upgrade at all considering that stupid HDR cannot be turned off. What a load of bs from Apple...

Reactions: Dsmith7
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.