Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iPhoneFan08

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 26, 2021
Okay, so I am really confused right now. I ordered my iPhone from Verizon Wireless on the night of Friday, September 17, aka launch day, and it didn't process until the next morning, which was fine. It gave me an estimated delivery date for October 1st. Again, I wished I could have gotten it sooner, but this was still totally fine. I woke up this morning (September 26) and I checked my order status, which is something I've been doing quite frequently in the past few days. I found a new message in place of my estimated delivery date, saying that it would be updated soon. Obviously, this is a bit odd and I am still uncertain what this means. I don't know if it means that I will get the phone earlier or later than my previous date. This was my first time preordering a device so I am not very experienced with this subject. Did anybody else get this message today?? Thanks in advance.

Aggie88

macrumors member
Jun 6, 2013
Omaha
I ordered mine from Apple. I got the same messages when it was first shipped and awaiting "exit" clearance from China. It should update within a day.

iPhoneFan08

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 26, 2021
I ordered mine from Apple. I got the same messages when it was first shipped and awaiting "exit" clearance from China. It should update within a day.
Oh, thank you! That makes me feel a lot better. I was getting a bit nervous. ?

iPhoneFan08

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 26, 2021
Did yours actually say that it had shipped, though? Mine still just says "Ordered".

Aggie88

macrumors member
Jun 6, 2013
Omaha
Yes, it now says it shipped but this is a status from Apple. I don't know how Verizon does their stuff.

rambo47

macrumors 65816
Oct 3, 2010
Denville, NJ
Sure hope I get one of those emails! I too ordered on the 17th, late that night, and have an estimated delivery date of Oct. 18 - Oct. 26. I've been checking my order page at Apple twice a day hoping to see I've been bumped up. Alas, my order still says "Processing" and the dates have not changed.

My Wiley Coyote Super Genius Plan B has been to wait for availability at retail stores and buy then, letting me cancel this online order. But I'm getting no joy with checking availability status in my area. Somebody posted a supply-checking website address that aggregates all the Apple Stores near your zip code. Yeah, yeah, I know its early in the game. But I see 13s, 13 Pros, and 13 Minis available. The 13 Pro Max, however, remains elusive in any color or memory configuration.

sbursik

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2012
Richardson TX
I had ordered on the 27th of September from Verizon and they showed a ship date of October 22nd. I went to BestBuy this morning and was able to get a Verizon 13 Pro Max in space grey, 1 TB with delivery at my house tomorrow, the 12th of October. I canceled my order with Verizon.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.