Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

emmanueldmc

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 12, 2022
I'm experiencing a quick camera flicker whenever I'm opening the camera app at home screen (first time launch). But in the lock screen as well as control center it opens smoothly.

Though, it occurs only whenever I'm opening it at home screen after closing it. Any solution would be appreciated. Cheers.

now i see it

macrumors G4
Jan 2, 2002
I haven’t used the camera app directly since iPhone 4. It’s an unnecessary icon on the Home Screen. In fact, I don’t even know where the camera app icon is on my phones- stuffed in some “unused apps” folder.
I always launch the camera via Control Center.

emmanueldmc

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 12, 2022
I haven’t used the camera app directly since iPhone 4. It’s an unnecessary icon on the Home Screen. In fact, I don’t even know where the camera app icon is on my phones- stuffed in some “unused apps” folder.
I always launch the camera via Control Center.
? I think the same thing was happening to me and that's why I only realized it now.

Anyway, does the same thing happen to you if you launch the camera from homescreen?

jz0309

Contributor
Sep 25, 2018
SoCal
? I think the same thing was happening to me and that's why I only realized it now.

Anyway, does the same thing happen to you if you launch the camera from homescreen?
I just tried and yes, happens here too.
I’ve never noticed because I never close the camera app, always running and while on my previous 11PM it reloaded daily, it never reloads on my 13PM, hence I’ll leave it open at all times

Taz Mangus

macrumors 604
Mar 10, 2011
I'm experiencing a quick camera flicker whenever I'm opening the camera app at home screen (first time launch). But in the lock screen as well as control center it opens smoothly.

Though, it occurs only whenever I'm opening it at home screen after closing it. Any solution would be appreciated. Cheers.
I also have this happen to me. I think the reason you don’t see it in Control Center or the Lock Screen is because there is a delay in bringing up the Camera app that is not present when you launch it directly.

If you want, leave Apple Feedback and report it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.