Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Torlen

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 5, 2019
I'll plug it in to charge when I go to sleep and when I wake up in the morning it's NOT charging but it's at 50% or something. I do have Optimized Battery Charging turned on, but my understanding is it's supposed to charge it to 80%, hold it there, then charge to 100% before I wake up. When I look at the battery charge level it never got to 80%.

I don't think it's the cable. I can have it plugged in and wiggle and move around all I want and it still shows charging.

I'm thinking of doing a backup and restore to see if this solves the issue. But, has anyone else seen this or know where this is possibly coming from?
D07BA11F-E1C4-483B-9A54-BEA802268579.png

russell_314

macrumors 603
Feb 10, 2019
USA
Try a different charging adapter. Just to troubleshoot I would also use a different cable but that sounds like the charging adapter just isn’t putting enough power out.

I would reset my phone until at least going through that basic troubleshooting step. Without testing to see if it’s the adapter or cable you’re going to be running in circles.

Reactions: Splitrail

OinkSheeb

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2022
Possibly dirty charging port. Try wireless chargers.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.