Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cassyn

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 27, 2022
Australia
I have bought a 'new' refurbished iPhone 13 Pro with iOS 16, now upgraded to 16.1.1. Logged in using my existing Apple ID.

Everything is working fine except that the Notes app will not load my 600+ stored notes from iCloud. It loads the folder names of about half the folders and has a zero (0) count next to each one. Been trying for hours with a good internet connection so I'm pretty sure they are not going to load.

I can still access all of the folders and notes on my old iPhone 6s, my MacBook and in icloud on a browser, so they definitely all still exist!

I have tried updating and restarting all devices and toggling Notes off and on in iCloud settings on the phone.

If I create a new note on the iPhone 13 Pro it doesn't sync to Notes in iCloud.

Can anyone help explain what is going on here and how I can get Notes syncing on the new iPhone 13 Pro?

cassyn

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 27, 2022
Australia
Ok so I solved my own problem by changing the auto-lock to 5 minutes instead of 30 seconds. It seems that the notes app needed more continuous o-time in order to load notes form iCloud. Seems a bit strange that it couldn't load them in the background, but very glad that it worked out.

Scruff1026

macrumors member
Sep 26, 2022
Any idea why notes from Macbook will no update on iPad or iPhone? Ipad and iPhone seem to be working together but not with Macbook. Everything look to be in check like it should be. Was working fine yesterday.

now i see it

macrumors G4
Jan 2, 2002
Your issue probably has resolved itself- and that’s because sometimes syncing to iCloud can take a long time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.