Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

snyp1193

macrumors regular
Nov 2, 2019
Canada
Many people seem to suggest 3utools software but I have only used iPhone built in Sysdiagnose function and then read log file "iodevicetree" (located in ioreg folder) and use the search word "panel", it only finds couple hits, it's the one starting with G9....
G9P3271MH5HPQCLAJ

What does this mean?

sdante

macrumors regular
Oct 13, 2023
G9P3271MH5HPQCLAJ

What does this mean?
There is at least G9N, G9P, G9Q available. I guess it is a factory identifier code for Samsung. We got 2 x 15 PM with both different panel, one G9N and the other G9P and they have different look. In many ways G9N did seem nicer warm colors but both had bad screen uniformity where G9P was maybe a bit better. But it all depend on what features you think more important, is it bright or dark image you want to be better, neither had both ends good, so it was a tough choice.

Picture you posted, reminds my G9P where there is reddish tint here and there. Mostly I'm bothered when it shows in lighter images.

Last edited:
Reactions: snyp1193

Chynonyno

macrumors member
Oct 10, 2018
That is good as it gets. Not perfect but good. My guess is that is a good one G9N panel?
BTW, is it the same with brighter image?

In my house we have 2 15 pro max. Later I upload a photo of the uniformity of each one and attach the panel number.

sdante

macrumors regular
Oct 13, 2023
In my house we have 2 15 pro max. Later I upload a photo of the uniformity of each one and attach the panel number.
I'm looking forward for that. Can you also test lighter images and see if there is obvious red/pink tint especially with NS and TT on? You can exaggerate this situation by turning NS to warmest (sliders all the way to the right), this shows immediately if there is any tinting.

Chynonyno

macrumors member
Oct 10, 2018
I'm looking forward for that. Can you also test lighter images and see if there is obvious red/pink tint especially with NS and TT on? You can exaggerate this situation by turning NS to warmest (sliders all the way to the right), this shows immediately if there is any tinting.
Iphone Josep con modo noche.jpg

G9N3327UC8V1PHRA3 13/08/23

Iphone Liss modo noche.jpg

15 PRO MAX LISS: G9N3365MPFX1PHRAE 08/09/23

sdante

macrumors regular
Oct 13, 2023
Looks like screens are terrible this year with this uneven tint even on G9N panels. The upper one is better of the two.
I guess you took photos of worst case (NS at full), so probably better in default NS mode?

My 12 Pro was excellent without any noticeable tint but I had to go through many many exchanges until I managed to get decent one. Interesting back in the day all the bad ones I got were G9P's and the good one was G9N. I did not bother this year, too stressful.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.