Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Love-hate šŸ relationship

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 19, 2021
Hey there , recently got an iphone 13 mini ,and upon checking some stuff ,i noticed that my phone ...isn't sealed.

Meaning i may get dust as well as water in,or in other words,it's not waterproof šŸ˜³

It's unofficial but always work till now ,maybe it doesn't anymore ?

Could u pls install This app ,then scroll a bit to "pressure",and press on the display itself with your finger.if the phone is sealed ,the pressure should rise up...which isn't the case in mine

I'd be greatful to hear about your data and reports !

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 19, 2021
Sorry but no app is capable of checking water resistance or a "pressure check"...
I mean would u mind to at least try the app I linked ?

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 19, 2021
I think heā€™s trying to say that if itā€™s sealed/waterproof that when you press on the screen. No pressure will escape. Which just isnā€™t true.
Isn't it ? It's what I have experienced on all my previous devices ,if pressing ,the pressure would rise as there is no way to escape

If however the seal is broken ,then the air can get out ,thus balancing the pressure.

Would u mind just trying with the app I linked in my post ?

There :https://apps.apple.com/us/app/sensors-toolbox-multitool/id1383687190

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 19, 2021
Donā€™t think so
Idk ,to me it sounds like physics ...and the pressure does rise on my other phones ,also rising on an XR when pressing the display ..could u perhaps try with the app I linked if u have 1 minute ?

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 19, 2021
I'd be really grateful if any of you could tell me whether the pressure does change or not guys
It should change by 1-2 values ,like if it is at 10009.25 it should change to 10011.25(or 10011.34 ,the decimal values arenā€™t meaningful as they are within margin of error )

Dragum

macrumors newbie
Mar 18, 2022
I Bought a 13 mini and I use this under watter a three weeks ago with no problems even totaly under water. But I had a Z3c sony and i test with barometer the watter profness of him. I didn't find an aplication to test in realtime the barometer in iphone, but today i went to the google and find this post. AND guess what? The barometer changes 0,01 only. In my sony changed 30. WHY? Not because the phone wasn't wp, i belive the barometer stays out from the inner of the smartphone, but it's is terrible, because I lost a perfect method to check the waterproffness and i dont have courage to put in water without this test after some years AND i will w8 more reports to put my 13 mini under water again, and if other 13 minis works the pressure test, i will trigger the guarantee.
Pease, report your test here with 13 mini.

Last edited:

Dragum

macrumors newbie
Mar 18, 2022
The barometer stay on the 2 holes near the lightnig, out from the inner of the phone: but not sealed in mine.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.