Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Giuanniello

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 21, 2012
Capri - Italy
HEllo,

I am a passionate photographer who uses either reflex or D-SLR to take pictures but I also own an iPhone 13 in the pro max sauce and would like to know if there is any app which takes full advantage of the camera department, I don't really use it for other than snapshots and never investigated at how to get the best out of it, any hint?

Grazie

My Flickr gallery
My Instagram stream

RRC

macrumors 68000
Nov 3, 2020
Halide or use Apple Pro Raw and edit in Lightroom or Lightroom mobile, that will give you the most control over the photos you take.

purdnost

macrumors 6502
Dec 2, 2018
Curious if anyone knows if the quality of images taken in Apple ProRAW format differ from RAW (DNG) in Lightroom mobile (or any other camera app that supports RAW for that matter).

Pandyone

macrumors regular
Sep 30, 2021
Curious if anyone knows if the quality of images taken in Apple ProRAW format differ from RAW (DNG) in Lightroom mobile (or any other camera app that supports RAW for that matter).

Apple ProRAW is also in dng-format, and I would say quality sometimes is better with other apps, like Moment. But it usually depends on what lens is in use and photo situation.
Apple adds both their own profile and AI-tweaking on the RAW and those can make the photo sometimes seems sharper, especially in Photos app on the phone.

Reactions: purdnost
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.