Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AbSoluTc

Suspended
Original poster
Sep 21, 2008
What do you think the next "gotta have" color for iPhone will be? For 11 it was Midnight Green, 12 it was Pacific Blue and 13, it was Sierra Blue. Are they going to do another blue or green? A new 13 green was released mid year.

Reactions: beach bum and Brad7

Nbd1790

macrumors 6502
Jan 2, 2017
New York
The colors are a tough one to predict. Depends what mushrooms the department takes that day lol. Would love to see a straightforward black come back into the rotation. Although, it will wind up being "Eyelid Black". You know, like the color you see when you close your eyes.

Al Rukh

macrumors 65816
Nov 15, 2017
A return for either the yellow or salmon pink/coral colour would be a nice touch. Although I would like to see a colour option that Apple never made before, like lavender or violet.

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
I had a blue iPhone 12 but quickly learned that the colour doesn’t matter because I can’t see it until I take the phone out of its case anyway. I’d probably just get a neutral colour like black or silver next time.

zakarhino

Contributor
Sep 13, 2014
a nice Burgundy/deep red wine colour would be nice .

I've wanted this for so long you have no idea.

Here are some of my dream iPhone Pro colors:

1. Ceramic Grey: some kind of flat grey/silver that's darker than the overly white iPhone they make every year. Imagine this with silver bezels that have a 'dark chrome' appearance. I wouldn't know what to do with myself if that happened. I really really want a lighter colored Pro that isn't blinding white.

2. "Tea Green"/some variation of cream tone: some kind of subtle pastel green like this. Essentially a yellowish-green done with the same kind of subtle appearance as the 13 Pro's Sierra Blue.

3. British Racing Green: classic color, similar to the green on the 13 series (regular, not pro) but lighter and more flat. Bonus points for gold apple logo (they would never do this lol).

4. Deep red: even darker than what's pictured maybe. It should appear extremely dark/almost black at night but have a nice dark red sheen in direct sunlight.

5. Aubergine/deep purple: Again maybe darker than what's pictured

I know a lot of these colors won't be for everybody hence why it's *my* dream palette haha. Make your own dream palette with the link below, very curious to see actual color pictures posted for reference as not all reds and greens are made the same...

HPS4C9D.png

Al Rukh

macrumors 65816
Nov 15, 2017
I've wanted this for so long you have no idea.

Here are some of my dream iPhone Pro colors:

1. Ceramic Grey: some kind of flat grey/silver that's darker than the overly white iPhone they make every year. Imagine this with silver bezels that have a 'dark chrome' appearance. I wouldn't know what to do with myself if that happened. I really really want a lighter colored Pro that isn't blinding white.

2. "Tea Green"/some variation of cream tone: some kind of subtle pastel green like this. Essentially a yellowish-green done with the same kind of subtle appearance as the 13 Pro's Sierra Blue.

3. British Racing Green: classic color, similar to the green on the 13 series (regular, not pro) but lighter and more flat. Bonus points for gold apple logo (they would never do this lol).

4. Deep red: even darker than what's pictured maybe. It should appear extremely dark/almost black at night but have a nice dark red sheen in direct sunlight.

5. Aubergine/deep purple: Again maybe darker than what's pictured

I know a lot of these colors won't be for everybody hence why it's *my* dream palette haha. Make your own dream palette with the link below, very curious to see actual color pictures posted for reference as not all reds and greens are made the same...

HPS4C9D.png

I like the choice of colours. The deep red is so rich and beautiful.

Reactions: beach bum

Brad7

Cancelled
May 3, 2022
Jet Black would be nice. However, granted that I highly doubt Apple will ever use plastic again on a "Pro" phone, I don't it happening.
Jet Black was actually made of the same 7000-series aluminum unibody as the other colors but with an additional precision nine-step anodization and polishing process to get that high-gloss finish. 🙂

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.