Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mikezmac

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 4, 2014
NH
So my voice dictation decided to stop working on the English keyboard apps are duplicating themselves, the Lock Screen rotation gets wonky and more.

Messy messy.

The one that pisses me off is the dictation. I’ve removed and re-added the keyboard, reset the network settings, enabled/disabled dictation and some other suggestions I found online. It’s dead. The mic works, Portuguese dictation works but not English.

This is a hot mess. :-(

Last edited:

gbf

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2019
You should have stopped at iPhone 14……..the entire lineup is buggy…

Th23

macrumors newbie
Oct 19, 2022
Hi. Same issue for me for 3+ weeks, called applecare and made no progress then. Spoke with them today and found some had success by deleting the English US keyboard and replacing with English UK keyboard. I tried this and the dictation works again. Amen... Best of luck.

Reactions: canuckRus

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
As others have mentioned it’s not the hardware at fault but the software. iOS 16 seems to have a lot of issues that were not the case on previous OS versions.

mikezmac

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 4, 2014
NH
Hi. Same issue for me for 3+ weeks, called applecare and made no progress then. Spoke with them today and found some had success by deleting the English US keyboard and replacing with English UK keyboard. I tried this and the dictation works again. Amen... Best of luck.
THANK YOU!
That worked!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.